Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
How far can a person go to tolerate different personalities? Will they take a "hit" for the cause of not harming another? Or will they break their personal oaths to be tolerant when faced with a violent personality? I choose, despite my flaws, to have an abeyance of reactionary behavior, for my own reasons of self-respect.

I notice, clearly, that others may not hold the same principles of self-control. This is my utmost practice of behavior: tolerance. I do not expect the same behavior in others. In fact, I can only witness the violent animosity of some as a threat to my existence (like at my workplace). Everywhere I have gone has shown me the hatred toward myself, or whatever it is that engenders THEIR HOSTILITY.

I try, ever so much, to understand them (since childhood) and I can only allow their actions towards me without reaction.

This is a topic of tolerance. How do any of you deal with differences of personal principles that defy one's own principles? Is this a war-zone of non-affiliation? Or is there a hope of congeniality?

What do you say?
Here is a song about "some days":

[youtu.be]

I have had a knife to my throat twice, and once with a "show" of threat, in America. I had a man in Pakistan with a basketball-sized stone held with the intent to harm myself and my best friend at the tender age of thirteen, my friend at twelve. Self-preservation won over the situation.

Tolerance? How much should I give? I have experienced much threat to my very life. How much should I forgive?

Uncreated and Uncreatable...
Which neither space nor time touches.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23-Feb-19 21:24 by Itatw70s.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Tolerance? 755 Itatw70s 23-Feb-19 21:21
Re: Tolerance? 99 Eddie Larry 23-Feb-19 23:49
Re: Tolerance? 97 Susan Doris 24-Feb-19 06:01
Re: Tolerance? 102 Itatw70s 24-Feb-19 22:11
Practice Clarity 96 grangram 01-Mar-19 09:43
Re: Practice Clarity 94 Itatw70s 01-Mar-19 12:37
Re: Practice Clarity 84 grangram 01-Mar-19 18:29
Re: Practice Clarity 141 Itatw70s 01-Mar-19 19:45

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.