Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Such questions above are hard to consider. It is true that consciousness is a hard problem to accurately define. I am studying another Great Course called, Mind Body Philosophy. It has been the instructor's mission to find, as yet I do not know, a proper description of consciousness. I have seven more half-hour lectures to view and the consciousness problem has yet to be described by the professor. That, of course, is the objective, I assume, of this course.

Even so, if I could describe my consciousness, I can say that images, words, motion senses, interactive responses to stimuli, and finally, the observation of ALL OF THIS MENTAL STUFF would be, at least, an AWARENESS of these attributes. So, aside of the mind there yet may be a REALITY BEYOND THE MIND. That is, of course, another Reality to encounter. I have continually been studying the Nature and influence of the mind. Yet, so far, I am in stasis about the subject. The current book actually describes the ultimate nature of the Human Being. Yet there are more chapters yet to go. I will be talking about this after the book, and study group, has been introduced into my life. At least I can inquire of those people who are on the Path, and then I can decide if it is for me. I am always shy of DIFFERENT ideologies. I will find out soon enough for myself.

Mind and matter are eternally the same

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Science and the influential imagination.... 906 Itatw70s 17-Nov-18 21:42
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 152 Eddie Larry 18-Nov-18 00:00
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 167 Itatw70s 18-Nov-18 00:27
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 139 Itatw70s 20-Nov-18 23:29
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 135 Eddie Larry 20-Nov-18 23:45
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 136 Itatw70s 21-Nov-18 00:18
Re: Science and the influential imagination.... 247 Eddie Larry 21-Nov-18 00:56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.