Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister

Thank you for your reply.

When we dream we 'enter' or 'access' a different state of consciousness to that when we are awake and similarly do the same thing when under the influence of DMT.
Okay - and believe me I know all about dreaming as my brain has spent an inordinate amount of time during my life remembering them often and sometimes maintaining those memories permanently. However, do you agree that all such images are taking place within the brain and are not having some mysterious, undetectable *waves* going in - or out for that matter?

And there are lots of things floating around in space that we cannot access due the the field of our perception and the way our brains work. Oxygen for example, you can't see that, can you?
But we do not need to see them, we have plenty of objective proof that they are there.

Who's to say the brain isn't a receiver that plays back the signal it gets from elsewhere, much the same way a TV set is a receiver that plays the pictures from the broadcast house.
Well, yes, anyone can say that as often as they like, but until there is something available to detect such emissions or receptions, then the idea remains without foundation. Every now and again, I mention a video I watched a while ago called 'The Higgs-Boson revisited' by Sean Carroll. It deals with the question of what can and cannot be detected.

People who are blind from birth do not dream in the same way a sighted person would or a person who has lost their sight would. They have audio dreams that do not have any imagery attached to them.
Have you checked this with many blind people?

Let's assume for the sake of this argument, a few things; DMT experiences are largely the same for each person who has one. Blind from birth people do not see. There are different states of consciousness.
You state this as a fact. Where is this statement objectively evidenced? How have they been measured?

If a blind from birth person took DMT and could access the same altered state of consciousness, then that would prove that the altered state of consciousness isn't accessed through the eyes or based on previous eye sightings (which would then mean we have to understand consciousness in a different way). And by the way, we don't fully understand consciousness, anyone who claims they do is a liar. There are a lot of theories, all that are yet to be proven 100%.
It is also true to say that we know quite a bit about consciousness. Those who try to say that it is still an unknown are usually trying to justify a religious belief of some sort!

I am not writing this as a matter of fact, I'm writing from a point of view. And what I'm saying is; it would make sense to do this test, if it hasn't already been done. I have searched for an answer but I didn't find any evidence to this being tried but I would love to know if it has and what the results where.
Well, blind people have enough to cope with without causing possible permanent harm to their brains by the effect that DMT could have. I hope for your sake that you do not ever have sight loss, but if ever it did happen, you could possibly consider it? I do not say that with any sarcasm because I very much dislike sarcasm.

Susan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
DMT Question 647 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 09:12
Mod Note > Topic Moved 104 Dr. Troglodyte 16-Jul-18 13:36
Re: Mod Note > Topic Moved 145 Itatw70s 16-Jul-18 13:52
Re: Mod Note > Topic Moved 108 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 14:28
Re: Mod Note > Topic Moved 116 Itatw70s 16-Jul-18 14:41
Re: Mod Note > Topic Moved 100 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 14:59
Re: DMT Question 116 Susan Doris 16-Jul-18 15:06
Re: DMT Question 106 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 15:40
Re: DMT Question 106 Itatw70s 16-Jul-18 16:12
Re: DMT Question 98 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 16:25
Re: DMT Question 103 Susan Doris 16-Jul-18 18:11
Re: DMT Question 96 boxy32@gmail.com 17-Jul-18 13:04
Re: DMT Question 122 jazzmumbles 17-Jul-18 14:00
Re: DMT Question 110 drrayeye 16-Jul-18 16:18
Re: DMT Question 112 boxy32@gmail.com 16-Jul-18 16:28
Re: DMT Question 98 Itatw70s 16-Jul-18 16:57
Re: DMT Question 97 drrayeye 16-Jul-18 19:06
Re: DMT Question 109 Itatw70s 16-Jul-18 19:29
Re: DMT Question 125 jazzmumbles 17-Jul-18 13:56
Re: DMT Question 92 Itatw70s 17-Jul-18 15:28
Re: DMT Question 200 D-Archer 18-Jul-18 08:51

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.