Inner Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For discussions on all matters relating to personal development, religion, philosophy, psychology and so on. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Don't forget that chemical processes occur because the chemicals themselves are 'keys' and the receptors are 'locks'.

Imagine for an instant why certain drugs affect certain people, while they do not affect other people. Cannabis, cocaine, opioids, DMT etc all work in our brains because we are constructed to have the locks associated with accepting these drugs into our systems and how those drugs affect us according to their specific operations and make-up.

We have been partaking of such substances in their pure forms for millions of years in the hierarchy of our ancestral trees, and all kinds of animals and creatures also react in certain ways to such substances, but not all animals. Some are of the lineage that did not partake of such things, so don't have the 'locks' in the receptors...the chemicals just pass through the system unused or stored in fat cells. Others build an immunity in their systems that just ignores the chemicals.

Take that a little further and you understand why some folk are not sympathetic or empathetic or fearful or aggressive...the locks are either broken or stuffed full, or have short circuited and won't accept such as serotonin or dopamine etc. Getting a sense of satisfaction in themselves is found in ways that others most certainly wouldn't instigate but most certainly make a defense against.

Tell me Tom...how often do you come across someone who has signs that their 'satisfaction' is achieved through some kind of aggressive behaviour because their 'thinker' doesn't work like it should? I got my neighbour whom I now have the habit of just smiling at whenever I see him...especially now when the Honey Eaters have come back to nest in my trees for the winter and get ready to lay eggs. Noisy buggers, they are...and fence-kicking will ensue and me making fun of the neighbour will occur, and more than likely the police will be called at some stage...again...just like last year. Oh, what a cycle.

Or maybe my latest effort of aggression pre-empted by now having a veggie garden shows the force I will go to in not having someone intrude upon my space. Aggression is one thing, humiliation is another...both can have the same outcome...that is why I mostly find things funny. More can be achieved through humiliating someone so they don't come kicking on your posts...I mean fences.

So...how goes not being sucked in by the 'advertising' in your world where you think something is being directed right at you, when in fact it is the effort of someone to project their own fears or greed upon the neighbourhood? 'Come in dear boy, and rest a spell. I got an answer for you that won't cost you a cent, but you'll spend it elsewhere once you leave'. All depends on what you read or what you see...I have three cups of coffee in the morning which is quite healthy, and yet tea-makers would offer up studies to say coffee is bad and tea is good.
Go figure...

No-one expects a Spanish Inquisition

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Neurons and empty space.... 672 Itatw70s 31-May-18 23:36
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 149 Eddie Larry 01-Jun-18 00:00
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 133 Susan Doris 01-Jun-18 05:42
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 118 Poster Boy 01-Jun-18 22:00
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 110 Enigcom 01-Jun-18 17:03
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 128 Eddie Larry 01-Jun-18 17:12
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 138 Itatw70s 01-Jun-18 22:12
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 136 drew 02-Jun-18 02:07
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 116 Itatw70s 02-Jun-18 03:41
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 111 Enigcom 02-Jun-18 20:11
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 139 drew 03-Jun-18 01:33
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 111 Enigcom 03-Jun-18 12:02
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 133 Eddie Larry 02-Jun-18 14:24
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 115 Enigcom 02-Jun-18 03:11
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 121 Itatw70s 02-Jun-18 03:46
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 92 Enigcom 08-Jun-18 10:41
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 124 Itatw70s 03-Jun-18 00:22
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 128 drew 07-Jun-18 00:33
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 120 Susan Doris 07-Jun-18 05:23
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 121 Itatw70s 07-Jun-18 14:30
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 122 drew 08-Jun-18 07:03
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 221 Enigcom 08-Jun-18 10:46
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 87 D-Archer 08-Jun-18 08:13
Re: Neurons and empty space.... 92 Itatw70s 08-Jun-18 10:30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.