Science & Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For all that is Scientifically related to Cosmology and Space. (NB: Please take discussions about UFOs, possible Alien contact, Crop-Circles, Alien Abductions, Planet-X and Niburu to the ‘Paranormal and Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
What an interesting chat to 3 electrical engineers...well, 2 of them anyway, the younger one tried to busy himself with something but looked up a few times, especially toward the end where he had a look of surprise cross his face.

So...electricity going into an electric motor construction has unused electricity coming out the other side which can’t be put back into the construction because it won’t help power the motor. This goes back into the grid and returned to the power generator where it is somehow treated so it can be put back into the grid and be used again.

But...you can power a light and what goes through the process comes out and you can hook another light up and the glow will be half as much as the first light, and then hook another light up and the glow will be half as much again.

Can I hook up a smaller motor after the first one and it be powered?

Yes.

What happens to the electricity that goes back to the power generator in order for it be usable again?

It goes through a generator to give it the same amount of power it had when it left in the first place.

Can the smaller motor being powered by electricity passing through the first motor be used to make the electricity strong enough to power the first motor?

Yes and no...they were divided on this and brought in an analogy of water through a hose and how much pressure is needed when the hose is lengthened.

Okay, so how large is the generator taking care of the electricity-return to turn it back into good electricity for the grid? Is it larger than the generator that made the electricity in the first place?

No, it is a lot smaller and does things a bit differently than the initial generator creating electricity.

So, with my first motor and electricity coming out of it that can power a smaller motor but not the kind of smaller motor that can amp up that power so it can be used by the first motor, what can I do with the smaller motor?

The same as the first motor but not as much.

Well then...can I electrify my home so the largest appliance using the most power feeds a smaller appliance, which feeds a smaller appliance etc so that I return nothing to the grid?

No...I need to return what is unused from each appliance back to the grid or I won’t get anything off the grid...and water going through a hose again where constant pressure makes the whole thing work.

Ah, but I am just a little thing, does it really matter if I use all the electricity coming to my home instead of not returning anything to the grid?

The whole system would shut down if everyone did that, but I am not everyone, just one apparatus in the system. But apparently all the electricity being wasted away because the supply system is faulty doesn’t come into the equation...that is accounted for by extra electricity being put in the grid to cope with that waste so supply is always constant...the water in a hose is always full of pressure so it flows out the end.

Okay then...so a power generator creates electricity from some kind of fuel creating power that turns the generator and makes electromagnetism. The electricity goes into the grid to be used and unused electricity returns to the origin via a different line and is recycled through the place via a smaller kind of generator which turns the unused electricity back into usable electricity to go back into the grid. I am quite sure this is what I have asked, in here and to those guys, and yet it is possible on a grand scale but not on a small scale.

Now you know why I am confused about this...besides folk needing to debate what electricity is instead of what it does and can do. My observation is correct and incorrect at the same time face-palm. I wonder what the third engineer had to say after I left...when he too suddenly realised that I was onto something that the older guys just couldn’t accept, even though their own words were saying I was correct:

I can use the electricity after it exits an electric motor to power another kind of motor to amp up the electricity to power the first motor, where the whole process means I am using less electricity from the original supply than I need to use.

Yes, it is that simple. And why are electricity prices so high when quite a lot of it is returned to its origin? Because someone has to pay for what falls out of the faulty supply chain, and it ain’t going to be the ones that own the supply chain...they don’t have to fix anything and make it better because it works quiet fine, thank you very much.

Hmm...Yackandandah is in my neighbourhood...the whole town is off the grid. I bet someone there knows something about my little pondering because those folk make their own electricity to power all their homes and businesses...no return to generator to be recycled and fed back into the grid...its all solar...what doesn’t get used probably goes into batteries for storage. How good is that...

...and I wonder if that is the difference between AC and DC. AC NEEDS the return and DC doesn’t. No wonder Tesla and Edison had such arguments about it all...and Westinghouse saw how more money could be made with AC than with DC...DC costs more in the long run unless natural supplies to create electricity are used, and then it doesn’t really matter…

Yeah, I know...I’m missing something, aren’t I. I am just the end user and it’s not supposed to make sense. I’m just supposed to pay for it and not question how it can be made to work better...or I might end paying less haha.

Thanks for your inputs, guys. I ended up with a lot less at the end besides an idea, which might be an analogy to this topic: you have to put a lot into something and possibly get very little out of it unless it keeps getting fed ;)

A cloud makes a nice hat

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
A query about electricity 571 drew 18-Jan-20 22:11
Re: A query about electricity 156 D-Archer 19-Jan-20 09:35
Re: A query about electricity 132 Lost_In_Place 19-Jan-20 13:56
Re: A query about electricity 122 seasmith 19-Jan-20 19:48
Re: A query about electricity 121 drew 20-Jan-20 00:00
Re: A query about electricity 119 seasmith 20-Jan-20 04:16
Re: A query about electricity 104 D-Archer 20-Jan-20 19:43
Re: A query about electricity 96 drew 20-Jan-20 22:08
Re: A query about electricity 88 D-Archer 23-Jan-20 14:39
Re: A query about electricity 95 seasmith 21-Jan-20 04:31
Re: A query about electricity 93 drew 21-Jan-20 21:36
Re: A query about electricity 108 Sirhope 21-Jan-20 23:12
Re: A query about electricity 96 D-Archer 23-Jan-20 15:34
Re: A query about electricity 91 D-Archer 23-Jan-20 15:28
Drew electrical Query resolved 152 Sirhope 21-Jan-20 10:14
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 96 seasmith 22-Jan-20 20:15
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 86 Sirhope 23-Jan-20 05:43
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 93 seasmith 23-Jan-20 14:09
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 84 Sirhope 23-Jan-20 14:44
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 39 D-Archer 04-May-20 11:03
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 95 drew 23-Jan-20 09:34
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 96 D-Archer 23-Jan-20 15:27
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 86 seasmith 23-Jan-20 17:48
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 74 Sirhope 23-Jan-20 18:31
Re: Drew electrical Query resolved 84 D-Archer 25-Jan-20 09:41
Mod Caution > Sirhope Duplicate Topic Merged 77 Dr. Troglodyte 24-Jan-20 16:11
Re: A query about electricity 88 drew 25-Jan-20 00:16
Re: A query about electricity 92 seasmith 25-Jan-20 04:39
Re: A query about electricity 79 drew 25-Jan-20 21:55
Re: A query about electricity 92 D-Archer 27-Jan-20 13:10
Re: A query about electricity 84 drew 27-Jan-20 23:21
Re: A query about electricity 90 D-Archer 28-Jan-20 10:16
A chat to electrical engineers 88 drew 28-Jan-20 05:06
Re: A chat to electrical engineers 92 seasmith 28-Jan-20 17:22
Yeah, you guys had some great info... 99 drew 28-Jan-20 23:22
great info... 105 seasmith 30-Jan-20 00:08
A simplification for understanding 79 Race Jackson 29-Feb-20 07:31
Re: A simplification for understanding 110 D-Archer 29-Feb-20 09:53
Re: A simplification for understanding 47 Halig 03-May-20 18:18
Re: A query about electricity 46 micom 03-May-20 16:10
Re: A query about electricity 46 Richard Fusniak 06-May-20 19:09

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.