Science & Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For all that is Scientifically related to Cosmology and Space. (NB: Please take discussions about UFOs, possible Alien contact, Crop-Circles, Alien Abductions, Planet-X and Niburu to the ‘Paranormal and Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
New NASA article out predicting the next solar cycle. Interestingly they make no correlation related to going into another Dalton Minimum, instead they frame it this way: Solar Activity Forecast for Next Decade Favorable for Exploration. But here is what they say:

The ability to forecast these kinds of events is increasingly important as NASA prepares to send the first woman and the next man to the Moon under the Artemis program. Research now underway may have found a reliable new method to predict this solar activity. The Sun's activity rises and falls in an 11-year cycle. The forecast for the next solar cycle says it will be the weakest of the last 200 years. The maximum of this next cycle – measured in terms of sunspot number, a standard measure of solar activity level – could be 30 to 50% lower than the most recent one. The results show that the next cycle will start in 2020 and reach its maximum in 2025.

However the current solar cycle has been a weak one - and NASA is predicting the next one will be even weaker. Here is what it looks like graphed out:

Now someone did a nice overlay of the past 2 solar cycles, the current cycle, and the NASA predicted next cycle. From here. It looks like this:

For those who study history, the Dalton minimum included what in North America was called "the year without a summer". My grandfather (born in 1897) told me stories that had been told to him by his grandfather. It was a bad time.

Combine this with the accelerating weakening of Earth's magnetic field and we are going to continue to have increasing cosmic radiation into the atmosphere, increasing clouds and precipitation. Unlike the Maunder minimum, I don't think it means worse winters. I think it will mean cooler and cloudy summers, with strong negative impacts on agriculture throughout the US midwest and Canada. This is what corn crop planting looks like as of the beginning of this month in 2019:

Interesting times. I am posting this here on the Science board, but I think Global Village would interested in this as well.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Repeating the Dalton Minimum? 813 Race Jackson 23-Jun-19 20:08
Re: Repeating the Dalton Minimum? 149 Race Jackson 26-Jun-19 20:44

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.