Science & Space :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For all that is Scientifically related to Cosmology and Space. (NB: Please take discussions about UFOs, possible Alien contact, Crop-Circles, Alien Abductions, Planet-X and Niburu to the ‘Paranormal and Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
It is basicaaly ancient geology, but it pertains to ancient water movement, and ancient peoples in Utah:

Good morning,

On the Thunderbolts Electric Universe forum there are threads concerning floods in the World containing red soils and rock. They postulate that these are unexplained.

I don’t think that anyone who has had time to look around in Southern Utah, Arizona or the cliffs around Moab, or especially the deep cut Canyons as one drives scenic route 89 south into Arizona would have trouble envisioning those red soil waters originating in this area!

I know this is not considered part of the Channeled Scablands, but the thought occurs that the particularly even and flat valley which is the main inhabited area of Utah looks to be the bed of a rather gigantic lake, or flow course for waters which may have formed these deeply scarred areas and perhaps even part of the Grand Canyon farther south . . . by the area of (Glen Canyon Dam Bridge) the erosion cuts very deep into the ground!

It is the look of the mountains on either side of the Utah Valley which first caused me to think this. They have the look of waterbed banks in some areas, especially Mount Timpanogos: “The word Timpanogos comes from the Timpanogots tribe who lived in the surrounding valleys from AD 1400. The name translates as "rock" (tumpi-), and "water mouth" or "canyon" (panogos).[4] (Wikipedia).

“The exposed portion of the mountain is made up entirely of limestone and dolomite from the Pennsylvanian period, and is about 300 million years old. … … ... The mountain is also home to Timpanogos Cave National Monument, a series of decorated caves in the north end of the mountain that have guided ranger tours open daily to the public during the warmer months.”
[en.m.wikipedia.org]

Up near Logan, Utah, one mountain over from that city, there is another lake (man made), and high above this lake going toward Logan, coming ‘straight’ through a porous level of rock (?), is a huge water bearing tunnel large enough to drive a newer semi-tractor-trailer truck through!

It is basically a tunnel in rock ‘which may have dissolved’, or it may be an artifact from the days when the builders of megalithic structures tunneled beneath the ground. It is oval, not round, but it cuts through a higher ridge in country where today the water table is just a foot or two below the surface! A small stream flows through it, but the inside is thoroughly damp!

There are more tunnels in the high canyon walls here, in a place the Shoshoni called “House of the Great Spirit”. . . . “A moderate yet extravagant hike is the Wind Caves. The trailhead begins straight across from Guinavah-Malibu Campground. These rock formations carved by (???) canyon winds are full of caves and tunnels that overlook the canyon and Logan River.”
[www.discoverutahmagazine.com]

On Google Earth, you can see where there may have been an exit for pent up waters around Kanarraville, New Harmony, and Pentura (on I-15) --- in the general vicinity where the soils begin to change to bright hues.

Here are a couple screenshots from Google Earth around Logan, Utah, and south. And a couple photos.
[photos.app.goo.gl]

Utah is a water rich state, though I was told that Utah Lake has a toxic alga (pets and people avoid) and undertows . . . !!
This is not confirmed, but undertows would suggest current at speed, and would be a very interesting study for natural, self-removing dyes. I have not looked for water connections between Utah and Canada, as exist for Florida, but they may exist. Heber City is a considerably higher altitude than the main valley.

It’s quite inspiring here, I am glad I moved! Finding a place to live in, however, that will require some finesse. I have few people skills, and my current dentition makes me look like a relative of Granny Magoo.

I offer this in hopes it has not been overlooked in Graham's current giant work on North America, though the Shoshoni would not necessarily fit your time frame. I'm sure Graham just needs another folder of possibly related facts! . . . ;-)

Utah and indeed Wyoming were once huge water repositories! Wyoming’s I-80 has two signs along its mostly level roadbeds . . . They read, Continental Divide 6000 feet. Trucker’s favor this route!

Happy Spring, everyone.

Breath is the courser and
Mind is the rider.
~Zoroaster

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Where to put a missive to Graham on his book, and geology? 828 SallyA 05-Apr-18 20:03
A canyon through the mountains and Utah, from the Scablands . . yep 155 SallyA 06-Apr-18 01:34
Re: A canyon through the mountains and Utah, from the Scablands . . yep 157 Eddie Larry 06-Apr-18 22:39
Re: A canyon through the mountains and Utah, from the Scablands . . its obvious even on G. Earth! 344 SallyA 06-Apr-18 23:56

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.