Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Milo,

"This can help them decide whether a) they want to become a Mason, or b) if they are a Mason, whether they want to leave, considering where Freemasonry has its roots. That was the purpose of my post, nothing more and nothing less."

So please correct me if I'm mistaken, but I assume it is your opinion that people should NOT join the Freemasons? And this would be because they have roots in Satanism? Yes?

Ok. First here's why I don't think it's a BAD thing to be a Mason.

Although Masonic ritual varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, a consistent message conveyed to every candidate is that charity is an essential part of Freemasonry. In some rituals, in fact, reference is made to the wide-breadth of the star-decked canopy of Heaven and that a Mason's charity should be equally extensive. This concept has remained throughout the centuries of Freemasonry's existence.

"To relieve the distressed is a duty incumbent on all men, but particularly on Freemasons, who are linked together by an indissoluble chain of sincere affection. To soothe the unhappy, to sympathize with their misfortunes, to compassionate their miseries, and to restore peace to their troubled minds, is the great aim we have in view. On this basis we form our friendships and establish our connections.

Illustrations of Masonry, p. 72 William Preston, 1772.

Philanthropy is an inseparable part of the Masonic Fraternity. Whether local luncheon clubs with a few dozen participants or national groups with membership in the hundreds of thousands, an almost universal feature of Masonic organizations is their sense of duty in supporting charity. Also, a study of Masonic charities is a study of the evolving needs of American society. When food and shelter were immediate and almost daily concerns, Masons responded with firewood and the fruits of their harvests. When care of the aged, widows, and orphans were worries, Masons erected retirement homes and orphanages. When education was needed, Masons built schools and established scholarships. When these basic needs moved even farther from common experience, Masons turned their philanthropy to crippled children, burn victims, the speech, language, sight, or hearing impaired, the mentally ill, cancer patients, and many others.

Oh I forgot, Satan, remember?

Since you probably ignored this post last time, once more-with feeling...

Let's make it clear right here: Freemasons have nothing - absolutely nothing - to do with Satanism.

First, in order to become a Mason, one must profess a belief in a Supreme Being. While someone might want to argue that Satan could be considered "Supreme", the fact of the matter is that the entire process of application would discourage someone with behavior which is so deviate from societal norms.

But let's examine this further: would a person who might enjoy blaspheming God want to join a group which has an open Bible on the Altar in the center of the Lodge room? Would a person who would find pleasure in debasing Deity feel comfortable around a group of men, nearly all of whom were active in the practice of their faith?

The only answer is - of course not!

But what about the bizarre claim that all Freemasons are actually Satanists? All one needs is a little common sense to debunk that foolishness. Why? Don't you think that if such a thing WERE going on that there would be FAR more men leaving the organization - and speaking loudly about it? Do you really imagine that millions of men are so schizophrenic that they could worship with their families in their church, synagogue or mosque and then attend a lodge meeting to revile God a few days later?

Well, maybe it's just those 'high ranking Masons', then. Again, your 'manure' detector should be smelling something pretty foul. Men who spend year after year, decade after decade believing that Freemasonry is morally upright suddenly find are expected to change their entire belief set to worship Satan just because they've been given some honor or made part of a special group? How silly is that?

The bottom line: Freemasonry has nothing whatsoever to do with Satanism. PERIOD! End of Discussion!!!!!

And thanks for playing "DEBUNK THE CONSPIRACY" with your host Tim!

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Freemasonry's Inextricable Links with Satanism and the Occult 8577 Milo 16-Jul-02 04:47
Re: Freemasonry's Inextricable Links with Satanism and the Occult 432 Billy 16-Jul-02 04:56
Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 349 Milo 16-Jul-02 05:06
Re: Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 335 Mike Brown 16-Jul-02 05:15
Re: Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 324 Milo 16-Jul-02 05:33
Re: Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 271 Mike Brown 16-Jul-02 05:54
Re: Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 310 Milo 16-Jul-02 06:12
Re: Witches Janet and Stewart Farrar 322 Jergat 16-Jul-02 07:01
What's Freemasonry? 298 mason 16-Jul-02 05:36
Re: What's Freemasonry? 295 Milo 16-Jul-02 05:44
What does all that mean? 297 mason 16-Jul-02 05:46
Re: What does all that mean? 269 Milo 16-Jul-02 05:48
I've had my fun! 309 mason 16-Jul-02 05:54
May the Lovejoy be with you...lol n/t 329 Jergat 16-Jul-02 07:03
Re: May the Lovejoy be with you... 290 lovejoy 16-Jul-02 09:40
What my church says about Freemason membership 327 jonny 16-Jul-02 16:26
Re: What my church says about Freemason membership 310 Milo 17-Jul-02 02:07
It's too bad..... 289 Timothy 16-Jul-02 17:29
Thanks Tim!!! : ) 286 mason 16-Jul-02 19:18
To the contrary... 262 Milo 16-Jul-02 19:40
Your reply was was self-biased, Milo. 297 mason 16-Jul-02 19:48
Why? n/t 208 Milo 16-Jul-02 21:50
It's too bad... For whom? That's the Question! 321 Milo 16-Jul-02 19:38
Yes, Exceedingly Well Said. Bravo! n/t 238 mason 16-Jul-02 21:00
Milo, SHOW ME THE MONEY!! 335 Timothy 16-Jul-02 20:49
Have I ever called for that? NO, I haven't! 272 Milo 16-Jul-02 22:04
Re: Freemasonry's Inextricable Links with Satanism and the Occult 314 Neal 16-Jul-02 21:11
Stop Flamming Neal 205 Milo 16-Jul-02 22:06
Re: Freemasonry's Inextricable Links with Satanism and the Occult 327 Timothy 17-Jul-02 00:10
The Masonic Grand Architect of the Universe is Satan! 1343 Milo 17-Jul-02 00:39
Poor Milo! 290 mason 17-Jul-02 01:51
STOP SPAMMING AND FLAMMING mason 324 Milo 17-Jul-02 01:58
Albert Pike and Eliphas Levi 3808 Milo 17-Jul-02 01:27
Again, I have nothing more to say to you. n/t 333 mason 17-Jul-02 01:37
MODERATOR 302 Milo 17-Jul-02 01:46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.