Actually I like fruit cake too. Here's a story for you from last year's Christmas season regarding another fruity festive fare - the christmas pudding. This could be the revenge on shooting fruitcakes. LOL
Warning: overheated Xmas pud potentially explosive!
LONDON -- Christmas puddings, the traditional dessert eaten by Britons during the festive season, can explode if left too long in the microwave, causing a blast big enough to rip through a house, the Sun newspaper warned yesterday.
Fruit, sugar and water, among the main ingredients of the puddings, can react explosively when overheated and spark a fire, the paper said.
A 49-year-old woman recently needed hospital treatment when her pudding blew up, the paper reported.
"People must realise they are dealing with a potential explosive when they put puddings in the microwave," a Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents spokesperson, David Jenkins, told the tabloid.
"It seems comical, but they could cause a blast capable of ripping through any home and leaving a big hole in the festivities."
|Christmas Woes ....||170||Katherine||21-Dec-01 19:03|
|Exploding festive fare!!||75||Michelle||22-Dec-01 10:49|