Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Fine points there Brad. One of the most ironic yet tragic parts to this "holy War" problem is that death is indescriminate to religion. How many Muslims died in the WTC besides the ones in the plane? Totally pointless in regards to progress, but as you stated (which I agree) when all there is is constant martyr propaganda from the earliest ages, this can be expected. In a recent Rolling Stone magazine article (I know, I know-hey I like music -leave me alone) they had a story from a reporter, Jeffrey Goldberg, about the Haqqania madrassa, this quote will explain it all.

" I asked members of the class(ages 7-13): Who wants to see Osama Bin Laden armed with nuclear weapons? Every hand in the room shot up."

Not very promising to say the least, and the bad news is that if Pakistan falls someone is getting nukes that wants to use them yesterday on the US or India or you name it. Not good.

Then you have stories about the summer camps for Israeli and Palestinian Children in America where they breed the future diplomats to solve the problem through peace instead of war. Does this get any press? Duh.

The only time, unfortunately, that terrorism from these cell-networks ever really got setback was in the 80's with Qadaffi. After we blew up his house from a mile away he sorta chilled out for a while. We DO need to get the individuals who bear the responsibility for the planning of these acts or they will get worse. We DON'T need to go to war. Can INTERPOL get their man first? They have the proof, let them follow the US military, they made plenty of room so far, seeing as how the previous 20 years of bombing has left so many targets.

I dunno, but the more this WAR talk gets worked up, the farther away we all get from real security.

Tim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
maybe a start would be.. 485 Geoff 15-Oct-01 20:24
Re: maybe a start would be.. 166 Randy 15-Oct-01 21:01
Re: maybe a start would be.. 203 Michelle Frost 15-Oct-01 21:30
Re: maybe a start would be.. 193 Pat 15-Oct-01 23:28
the church and state 164 Geoff 16-Oct-01 00:07
Re: maybe a start would be.. 187 Skynet 16-Oct-01 00:59
Okay ... time to stone Kat 186 Katherine Reece 16-Oct-01 01:40
Let he who is without opinion throw the first stone? 146 Michelle Frost 16-Oct-01 18:59
Let's get the Head Brad 187 Tman 16-Oct-01 01:54
Re: First round of deals 151 Skynet 16-Oct-01 06:41
Re: First round of deals 148 Tman 16-Oct-01 16:58
Re: Let he who is without opinion throw the first stone? 329 Margaret 16-Oct-01 22:32

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.