Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Barry,

my personal point of view about prophecies is that it appears to be something we must interpret using what we (current) know as caos theory and complexity theory. In that sense, I believe useful meaning can be found in prophecies like st. Malachy and Nostradamus.

I share with you the idea of “cycles”, and I prefer use other word for that - “patterns”, the same way caos theory teache us that a particular pattern of behavior repeat itself again and again in one aparently caotic set of related data.

The “end of the days” aparently mean that our globally structured system of politics, economics and organizations are going to experience a very deep CHANGE in form(ation), shape and substance. And if we want to accept the word of the majority of the prophets, them the change can better be describe as in form of “great shake” … (on NON-LINEAR in the language of caos).

In that light, I really believe in the prophecies and the prophets to serve us with some useful set of ideas about what can expect from our present enviroment.

Valter Fukuoka
valterfukuoka@hkg.odn.ne.jp

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Movie about Prophecy in trouble 360 barry s 14-Oct-01 23:28
Re: Movie about Prophecy in trouble 114 Marc Ellis 15-Oct-01 00:49
Re: Movie about Prophecy in trouble 110 Deano 15-Oct-01 01:56
Re: Movie about Prophecy in trouble 103 barry s 15-Oct-01 03:16
Re: Movie about Prophecy in trouble 243 Valter Fukuoka 15-Oct-01 11:09

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.