Global Village :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For good-natured and mutually-respectful discussions of politics and current affairs. Soap-boxing and the promotion of extremist causes motivated by hate will not be tolerated by our moderators. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hi Everyone,

Just a couple of thoughts regarding "terrorism", etc:

[PART 1]

I often see on the news, a headline of "America Strikes Back". Now even this little title is a step in the wrong direction. What good does striking back do as an initial reaction? You kill some of those that oppose you. Now does that many anyone the wiser? Does it solve the problem, or just delay it? As I said in another post, a possibility is to educate your "enemy" and have them educate you so that you both know the roots of your conflict. The path to this solution is the most important aspect.

The only thing worse than not finding other solutions is by not looking for them in the first place. Using the same old methods will bring the same old problems, only with different parameters.

[PART 2]

And the ultimate question: WHAT IS TERRORISM?

To answer this question in the common way, you need to already have divided a line between good and evil, *if they even exist outside of the mind*. This step itself is very dangerous as it incorporates much prejudice and guesswork gained during ones lifetime. You cannot know all of the motives of everyone else around you, so how can you draw a line between actions when you do not know this? You can approximate I suppose, but what if the situation being analysed is in the error margin?

The only answer I can think of that does not rely on a good vs evil, paradigm, is that terrorism is a *direct* form of attack, not shrouded in political smokescreens and deception as is the other form of the same attack done by governments themselves all around the world.

It seems as thought most of the world's powers are guilty of the same crimes, but those who are able to manipulate the "commonfolk" are the ones with the upper hand, and on the fabricated "moral highground".

These are just my opinions, so please feel free to discuss in a >friendly< way.

=Ashkan=

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
&quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 589 Ashkan 13-Oct-01 04:51
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 160 jules 13-Oct-01 05:31
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 243 Ashkan 13-Oct-01 06:25
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 192 Pat 13-Oct-01 09:28
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 188 Ashkan 13-Oct-01 10:19
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 212 Ashkan 13-Oct-01 12:18
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 218 Michelle Frost 13-Oct-01 15:53
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 191 Deano 16-Oct-01 02:23
Re: &quot;TERRORISM&quot; thoughts 187 timebanditx 16-Oct-01 03:12
One Word 198 Pat 16-Oct-01 07:29
Re: One Word 202 Deano 16-Oct-01 12:00
Economic? Rather survival !!!!! 220 Pat 16-Oct-01 21:34
Re: Economic? Rather survival !!!!! 283 Margaret 16-Oct-01 22:11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.