- Which is why we're glad to not be y'all.
"Only in America."
- Thankfully for me and mine and unfortunately for y'all.
"On films I always think, shoot him in the shoulder, or knee."
- Yeah, that's not realistic at all. When I said you aim center mass to increase the likelihood of you hitting your target it's for several reasons with the two most important being; you want to make sure you hit your threat and you know you're responsible for where your bullet ends up. Those ideas are central to every gun range and gun class you've ever gone to or taken.
"As far as the toddler, I blame the mother for being careless, just as can happen when a kid pulls hot oil over themselves when the mother has turned away... I never left the stove with something dangerous on it."
- Thank you for not blaming the tool.
"neither did I carry a loaded hand gun! What an outrageous idea!"
- Do you own a fire extinguisher for your home? Do you have a first aid kit and CPR case in your car? A gun because when seconds matter police are only minutes away. So it's only outrageous because you have seemingly no experience save for what you've probably heard and have been told. Are you being fair then to the experience and purpose???
- Here's a thought... If you're an Aussie then this could work better... Do you go into the ocean? Even if up to your knees? Do you know the line that 'if people knew what was 50 feet away from them at any one time, they'd not be in the ocean?' Now if you've ever visited the US or are from here and went to a grocery store, you've certainly been within 50 feet of someone carrying a gun. We all have. Probably multiple times a day depending on where you go and what you're doing... Just saying...
"Why is it necessary only in America?"
- It's not necessary, it's our right and it's your right too even though you reject it. I hope you never come to regret giving up that right for a false sense of security.
"Maybe because of the Wild West films?"
- That reality is usually what's in the mind of the anti-gun'er. A script that's a far cry from the ground truth of the so-called and marketed, "Wild West."
- Did you not think about the usefulness of a gun in your possession? How it makes you an equal with every other man and woman on the planet? If you do like the "Wild West" then you'll know the slogan, "God made man and Colt made them equal." People like to talk about equality and feminism and as a pro-gun'er, I'm truly for both. I'm all for more girls like Katie and more ladies like Joy.
- I get my ladies the safest car I can afford because I want them as to be as safe as possible when they drive out into the world (reasonable?). I also get them the firearm they want because I want the safety to continue beyond their vehicle ("outrageous?"). Some people like to use the word paranoid whereas I use prudent (is there a difference?). The likelihood of them having to use it is small, tiny even, but I would rather them 'have it and not need it than need it and not have it.' Like I said, which is true in every country, 'when seconds matter the police are only minutes away.'