History :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For the discussion of general and orthodox history from the advent of writing up to mid 20th Century, i.e. 3,200BC up to World War II. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello everybody again,

Was going through the text concerning soma, (mandala 8 and 9) and it makes sense to interpret the mandalas as praising the product, their techniques to produce the colours, promising customer loyality, listing trade partners. I do not want to copy paste large block of text.
I feel a bit bad for people who suggest that the soma is some sort of a psychoactive compound. Mushrooms are great, Ephedra is great and Cannabis sativa is great. But it is not soma IMHO. But lets trade:) Let me keep soma as murex dye and see if the Cannabis sativa is the tree of life. These are thoughts from ten years ago... So the story of the tree of life, an actual tree and a symbolic cosmic tree, a woman and a serpent. I think I am not alone who thinks that we had advanced civilisations and technology before. So I get the argument back, usually, that there was not enough people, the life expectancy was lot less, we were primitive etc. Fine. But then we reached the homeland of cannabis, the Serpent told Eve to eat it, she became smart, started to ware clothes, got banished from paradise and giving birth became painful. A Short sum to f the tale. Well, widely known that cannabis is used by midwifes as one of the safest natural analgesic during birth. Great. Less known that it is a very good worming agent as well. The seedcasing separating the worms from the gastric wall. Study need to be done, but apparently consuming the fresh buds expulses gastric parasites. The bunnys eat it, the dear eats it, farmers feed it to ducks and cows and pigs etc. So, ancestors get to the foothills of the himalayas, and observing that all the animals eating the cannabis so they try it. I do not want to post the pics here, it is very disgusting and disturbing, but look at images, what happens when someone infected gets medicine. Very shocking. So our ancestors did not know taxonomy, the worms were looking like the snake. They also did not have microscopes, so did not know about bacteria or viruses, the only thing they could visibly associate with illness was the gastric parasites/snakes, snake and insect butes or injury. Can you imagine what it ment for early humanity to sort parasites out? Let see. All of a sudden your life expectancy shoots up. If you do not have anemia from the worms, you have better chance fighting of other illnesses, you are overall healthier and fitter, expected to live longer. So our eve can be great grand mother, all of a sudden we have multi generational groups, you have longer life to have more knowledge accumulated and handed down to younglings. A true miracle drug. So populations can start to grow, both in numbers and in age. I know its sound a bit funny but it is a very important aspect of life.

[rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org]

[journals.sagepub.com]

One of the basis of civilisations, and look at all great civilisations, they will have stories of water holes, drinking same water as animals, making wells and digging channels. Clean water and keeping water clean was essential.
So we have our Eve, eating buds, we have our snake. It brings me to another lady, Lilith, the demonness, source of legend for vampires, our woman before Eve. We have our plant to make cloths from. Apparently in paradise they made clothes from the bark of the tree of life. Go figure. So Eve is messing with cannabis sativa. The plant that starts to flower when there is 12 hour darkness in the day. Thats helpful to figure out our cosmic tree, our solar model.... Even the shape of the plant is very suitable to have a middle axis, lateral branches with buds to see the shadows cast. Voila, you have cannabis sativa as the famed tree of life...

But really sorry, I will keep soma as my murex/dye.

KR

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 3523 lostsheep 13-Jun-17 10:33
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 557 lostsheep 17-Jun-17 14:49
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 467 Deep1 19-Jun-17 18:44
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 462 lostsheep 20-Jun-17 10:17
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 409 lostsheep 20-Jun-17 10:22
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 443 lostsheep 20-Jun-17 10:24
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 435 lostsheep 20-Jun-17 10:26
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 543 lostsheep 20-Jun-17 10:48
Murex dye, Shiva lingam, Soma 504 lostsheep 29-Jun-17 18:48
Mod Note > Duplicate Topic Merged 402 Dr. Troglodyte 29-Jun-17 20:20
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 402 lostsheep 03-Jul-17 15:21
Re: Shiva Lingams Infrastructure for Murex dye production 403 lostsheep 03-Jul-17 20:32
Soma, new proposed identity 815 lostsheep 24-Jun-17 12:51
Re: Soma, new proposed identity 370 lostsheep 03-Jul-17 16:26
Re: Soma, new proposed identity 364 lostsheep 03-Jul-17 16:40
Re: Soma, new proposed identity 381 lostsheep 04-Jul-17 20:53
Re: Soma, new proposed identity .. analemma of the sun. 410 SallyA 05-Jul-17 01:04
Re: Soma, new proposed identity .. analemma of the sun. 384 lostsheep 07-Jul-17 11:05
Re: Soma, new proposed identity .. analemma of the sun. 422 SallyA 08-Jul-17 01:08
Re: Soma, new proposed identity .. ethnogens and Hadronic physics 364 SallyA 08-Jul-17 04:24
Re: Soma, new proposed identity 357 lostsheep 08-Jul-17 11:18
Re: Soma, new proposed identity 349 lostsheep 08-Jul-17 12:42
Mod Note > Triplicate Topic Merged 798 Dr. Troglodyte 08-Jul-17 16:05

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.