History :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For the discussion of general and orthodox history from the advent of writing up to mid 20th Century, i.e. 3,200BC up to World War II. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history.

Headline: "Man out to prove Māori not original settlers under investigation"

Noel Hilliam claims a race of white Celtic settlers arrived 3000 years before Māori.

This has been a known subject for some time. There are many authors here in New Zealand that has written books on this subject and I have written here on these forums too.

It is not often that this subject comes up in the media and this time it is because Noel Hilliam has to quote Radio NZ "Mr Hilliam admits having taken human remains from the Poutō foreshore but said they came from hāngī pits, not Māori burial grounds."

For those of you who don't know a "Hangi pit" is an earth oven cooking pit.
The NZ Maori were cannibals up until European times when other protein sources were provided, cows, pigs, chickens etc and they made decisions the abolish the practice (Source "Old Manawatu" by Lindsay Buick,1903).

Here in NZ there is a large effort to suppress any study or book that talks about those that were here before the "Hawaikian" Maori. The Maori say they came from "Hawaiki", an unknown place and a term that is translated as "Homeland". These people arrive some 800 years ago and their own oral history tells of those that were here when they arrived.
New Zealand European peoples are paying compensation to the Maori for wrongs and taken lands. It looks like the Maori took those lands only a few years earlier from those that were here before.

I have visited second hand book stores asking for old books and have been told that there are groups or people buying up any of these old books written by early Europeans on these earlier people, and destroying them.

I have asked for these older books at libraries and been told there was no one here before so there are no books on the subject. Another librarian had removed a book, "The Aryan Maori" by Edward Tregear, from the collection as "It was not the kind of book we want in the collection." She found and returned the book that day and I copied it.

That this debate / battle is in the media is a start. It does not take long at a pub to find someone interested in this topic to talk with.

History is history but political correctness and political views along with money are changing our histories.
This story will be worth watching as it is far too widely known that there was someone here before the Hawaikian Maori.

Owen
New Zealand

Editted; corrected "Early Manawatu" to "Old Manawatu" and the author's name spelling and date.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 30-May-17 04:24 by Feralkiwi.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 3522 Feralkiwi 29-May-17 21:28
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 468 Feralkiwi 31-May-17 21:02
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 607 Rofhessa 04-Jun-17 16:21
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 384 Feralkiwi 04-Jun-17 22:24
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 427 Rofhessa 05-Jun-17 19:26
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 356 Feralkiwi 10-Jul-17 06:23
Re: Academic v Amateur battle over pre NZ Maori history. 694 Rofhessa 11-Jul-17 20:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.