History :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For the discussion of general and orthodox history from the advent of writing up to mid 20th Century, i.e. 3,200BC up to World War II. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
It strikes me that there is an singular amount of similarity between this and other myths/celebrations that strikes a chord. This for instance:
"One version of the legend states that Houyi was an immortal and Chang'e was a beautiful young girl, working in the palace of the Jade Emperor (the Emperor of Heaven, 玉帝 pinyin:Yùdì) as an attendant to the Queen Mother of the West (the Jade Emperor's wife). Houyi aroused the jealousy of the other immortals, who then slandered him before the Jade Emperor. Houyi and his wife, Chang'e, were subsequently banished from heaven. They were forced to live on Earth. Houyi had to hunt to survive and became a skilled and famous archer."

The Immortals, the banishment, the involvement with earthly women, all rings familiar.

Cheers,
Pat

Nothing in this world is certain...it's all theory! Me
Everything is a mystery until it is understood.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
china mid autumn mooncake festival goes back to 2200 bce 709 Citizen Attorney 12-Sep-11 05:29
Re: china mid autumn mooncake festival goes back to 2200 bce 263 NetWorkAngel 13-Sep-11 23:17
Re: china mid autumn mooncake festival goes back to 2200 bce 204 Raja 14-Sep-11 21:26
Re: china mid autumn mooncake festival goes back to 2200 bce 439 Citizen Attorney 17-Sep-11 18:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.