History :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For the discussion of general and orthodox history from the advent of writing up to mid 20th Century, i.e. 3,200BC up to World War II. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I found this video fascinating, and I imagined there were some other folks out there who enjoyed Biblical History, especially anything concerning Egypt as much as the story of Moses. Numbers, Ch. 12 is a very short chapter, only 25 verses, and makes its point well with those few. It appears to be God's first admonition against racism in the Bible. Historically, it also confirms the story of Moses told by Artapanus and Josephus and indirectly, of Manetho's account of Egypt's history:"In the reign of Tutimaos(Dudimose), for what reason I know not, a blast of God smote us. Invaders of obscure race invaded and took Egypt without a struggle(I'm paraphrasing here)".
Although I'm not a practising Christian, I was raised as one, until the age of 13-14. I don't recall listening to any sermons on this chapter, from Lutherans or Baptists or Methodists. Maybe everybody wanted to keep the lid on. Purportedly, this little detail has been left out because the Church Fathers didn't want Moses to have been a bigamist, however this was a common practice in Moses' era, among his people, the Egyptians. Raised as a prince of the royal household, he would have been tapped for military service to Pharaoh, the most urgent of which was to drive the Cushites out of Egypt. The Pharaoh's name was Chenephres(Artapanus), matching Khaneferre Sobekhotep IV, 13th Dynasty, who installed a seated monumental statue of himself to look out over Kerma, the Cushite capitol, of which the headless remains are still on the Nile island where Moses probably set it. Moses first wife, Tharbis(Artapanus), was payment by the Cushite King to the Egyptians not to destroy the city. Moses' taking of her as his wife probably got him a high mark of disfavor in Pharaoh's eyes and betrayed his independent spirit, as the princess rightly belonged to Pharaoh, not Moses. This is probably what drove Moses out of the court: ambitions of a prince of the house who had set himself above his King, could not be tolerated. To his credit, Moses came back and apparently collected his bride, for there she is with him in the wilderness, before the incipient Israelites enter Paran.
When sources this sepated in time and space come together to confirm each others stories, is this not a mark of true historicity?
[www.youtube.com]

Enjoy, Rick

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Moses' wife 945 richarddullum 23-Jul-11 17:39
Re: Moses' wife 247 Eddie Larry 24-Jul-11 04:03
Re: Moses' wife 234 richarddullum 24-Jul-11 21:39
Re: Moses' wife 205 Eddie Larry 25-Jul-11 04:00
Re: Moses' wife 292 OCaptain 26-Jul-11 14:18
Re: Moses' wife 242 Eddie Larry 27-Jul-11 01:27
Re: Moses' wife 304 OCaptain 24-Aug-11 19:02
Re: Moses' wife 210 Eddie Larry 25-Aug-11 02:53
Re: Moses' wife 239 OCaptain 25-Aug-11 13:50
Re: Moses' wife 278 Eddie Larry 26-Aug-11 02:00
Re: Moses' wife 264 EltonJ 24-Aug-11 06:53
Re: Moses' wife 316 richarddullum 25-Aug-11 02:30
Re: Moses' wives 244 debraregypt 30-Aug-11 23:20
Re: Moses' wives 281 richarddullum 31-Aug-11 02:57
Re: Moses' wives 459 debraregypt 03-Sep-11 00:30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.