History :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For the discussion of general and orthodox history from the advent of writing up to mid 20th Century, i.e. 3,200BC up to World War II. 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Pete Vanderzwet wrote:

> Horrible situation to be in. It's you and your buddies, or
> them, and you don't know who is a threat and who isn't. Could
> drive you nuts.

It did drive a lot of them nuts. My dad was also pretty upfront about the fact that they did every drug imaginable just to escape. No wonder so many of them had and still have PTSD. We're seeing the same thing in the Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Like you said, it's kill or be killed. Some people find that very hard to live with.

> What was his initial reaction to the photo, if you don't mind
> my asking? If it's too personal to get into on a public forum,
> no worries.

I don't know if he's seen it. And 40 years hasn't mellowed him on the subject, either.

1984 was a warning, not a how-to guide.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 828 Pete Vanderzwet 10-Mar-11 16:45
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 293 Aine 10-Mar-11 17:33
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 232 Pete Vanderzwet 10-Mar-11 17:42
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 224 Avatar 10-Mar-11 18:58
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 223 Aine 11-Mar-11 15:07
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 268 Pete Vanderzwet 11-Mar-11 15:11
Re: Photographer of "Saigon Execution" Sorry He Took Photo 560 Aine 11-Mar-11 15:35

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.