Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
We've posted some new images on the Underworld page.

There are mistakes in the captions which I've asked Ronny to correct.

On page 3 of the Mahabalipuram images the person diving isn't me, though the caption says it is. I am the diver in the other images.

The caption on page 4 of the Cambay artefacts should be above the second photo. Top photo on that page is a different view of the first object shown on page 1.

On page 9 the area of this piece of wood that the NIOT scientists say was cut by man is not clearly visible on image 3 as the caption presently says, but is visible on images 1 and 2.

We'll get these captions fixed shortly.

Please note that the Mahabalipuram pictures that we have posted so far do not particularly illustrate the overall megalithic character of the underwater site -- which I claim to be different in style from the temples on land. Blocks are used in places in the temples on land, usually for repair, or for example in the perimeter wall of the Shore Temple, but the core structures are rock-hewn with no blocks at all. Although there has been erosion, the temples on land are also extensively decorated and vast numbers of these decorations survive up to the present day. By contrast the only evidence of decoration so far found underwater in 49 dives is one (disputed) sculpted lion's head.

The main difference, in my opinion, is that there are concentrations of massive blocks underwater at Mahabalipuram; we do not find megalithic structures on land at Mahabalipuram that were built out of such massive blocks. We'll be putting up more pix in the next few days.

All the best

Graham

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Info about new Poompuhar, Mahabalipuram, Cambay images on Underworld Page 8 Graham Hancock 22-Apr-02 22:36
Re: Info about new Poompuhar, Mahabalipuram, Cambay images on Underworld Page 6 Gordon 22-Apr-02 22:51
Re: Info about new Poompuhar, Mahabalipuram, Cambay images on Underworld Page 1 Atlantida 22-Apr-02 23:44
Bastet... 4 Ritva 23-Apr-02 08:41
Re: Info about new Poompuhar, Mahabalipuram, Cambay images on Underworld Page 6 annika 23-Apr-02 15:27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.