Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
What is my cause?

My original criticism of Graham's work centred on 'Fingerprints' and how I consider the author to have strategically eliminated vital information, glossed over the truth and not carried out as indepth level of research as should be required by the nature of this book.

From 'Fingerprints of the Gods':

page 4

'In attempting that explanation (the mystery of the Piri Reis map) it is worth reminding ourselves of the basic historical and geological facts...It (the Piri Reis map) focuses on the western coast of Africa, the eastern coast of South America and the northern coast of Antartica)'.

Since when has it been proven as FACT that the Piri Reis map depicts the north coast of Antartica? This is simply a theory - and there is plenty of contradictory evidence.

page 10

'No further scientific research has ever been undertaken into these anomolous early maps'.

I will assume from the above that Graham is referring to the period from 1953 (the publication of Hapgood's theory) to 1995 (the publication of Fingerprints).

In the past few days I have found a multitude of 'scientific research' publications that contradict the above statement. Not surprisingly, few of these publications support Hapgood's theory...however, that does not mean that they do not exist. Would it be fair to suggest therefore that either the author has not found these publications (scant research) or has this information been strategically eliminated?

The above are just two quick examples of my argument.

best wishes

Eyeswideshut

I have just returned a message to Graham in which I have accepted his invitation to ellaborate my critique of his work.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 406 mark grant 15-Nov-00 01:19
RE: Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 187 Michael 15-Nov-00 09:58
RE: Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 164 Eyeswideshut 17-Nov-00 09:25
RE: Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 160 Michael 17-Nov-00 12:25
RE: Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 210 mark grant 23-Nov-00 02:56
RE: Eyes Wide Shut . . . slander 188 Gabrielle 19-Nov-00 20:03

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.