Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DScribr wrote:

> Perhaps you should read my posts more carefully. I've already
> explained to you about your 'non-claims'. (Another diversionary
> BS post, is this all you have?)
>
> To repeat: Your opinions consistently begin w/ "it seems", and
> "it suggests..." which doesn't come close to being 'physical
> evidence' by ANY definition, and NO facts included, ever!

What are you talking about? A "claim" or "hypothesis" is not "evidence". Rather, evidence is what is used to form the basis of claims and hypotheses. So if I see what looks like a paint run from a vertical block down into the junction with the adjacent block, I might state the hypothesis that "it seems that the paint was applied after the block was installed in situ". The hypothesis is not the evidence, the paint run is the evidence.

Likewise, when we see evidence of all kinds of ancient garbage at the quarries, and evidence of humans who inhabited the place, records of what they ate, when they bathed, and instructions to deliver a product, but ZERO physical evidence, even in the huge volume of ancient garbage, of any shred of tools or equipment related to quarrying at what is widely believed to have been one of the largest quarry operations in ancient history, that's evidence that allows one to formulate hypotheses that maybe, just maybe, things ain't quite what we've been told all these years. The hypothesis isn't the "evidence", it's the conspicuous lack of specific evidence in the midst of all the other evidence found in those excavations that spurs the hypothesis.



> YOUR opinion is NO better than anyone elses, but for some
> unknown reason, you believe it is, and you believe that your
> opinions don't require ANY physical evidence, (and the facts be
> dammed...full steam ahead) BUT you insist that ALL others DO
> provide physical evidence...and when we do, you
> dismiss/disregard it without a valid reason, every time.

Show me a post where I've said my "opinion" is better than anyone else's "opinion". Meanwhile, how is that related to the current debate about the quarries? You and yours have not expressed an "opinion"; you clearly have expressed a "claim", a staunchly held claim, which you not only contend is unquestionably true (ergo "indisputable"), but which has pushed several of you to become obsessed with issuing incessant insults and sarcasm to anyone who disagrees with you.



> GET REAL Ori, the dbl-standard is obvious to all.

The readers will make their own decision.



> My tagline IS logical, and it IS a fact....IF you can't accept
> this reality, that's YOUR problem.

I rest my case.



> (Will the SCA and Mainstream change the currently accepted P.
> dates solely due to YOUR opinions??? NO, they want relevant
> FACTUAL data, [PROOF] not misconceptions based on assumptions
> and speculations.)

What? I don't expect ANYONE to change their opinion based on my opinion, let alone the SCA. I have never tried to change the SCA's (or "Mainstream's") opinion. And the SCA hasn't tried to change my opinion. You, and a few others here, are the only ones obsessed with trying to change someone's opinion.



> IS telling someone to ignore the issue part of your 'scientific method'???

No, but telling someone to ignore me when they insist on harrassing me dozens of times each day IS part of my method to keep the library quiet so the rest of us can study. When have I ever told "someone to ignore the issue"?



> You are simply unwilling to answer my question.

I don't even know what your question is. You refer to a hypothesis as if it was "evidence". First you insist I've made several "claims", and then you say I'm too wishy washy to commit to anything except polite conditionals like "it seems" and "perhaps". Frankly, your repeated illogical questions are a moving target and have lost their worthiness for an answer.



Look, I don't know if you're coming up with this stuff on your own or whether you're being coached privately, but you're being steered very badly and you're being taken farther off the rails with each passing day.

But by all means, keep digging yourself deeper.



Post Edited (09-Jul-15 22:34)

______________________________________________________________
How can any of us ever know, when all we can do is think?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 925 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 385 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 408 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 477 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 410 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 409 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 392 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 463 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 396 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 392 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 421 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 394 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 398 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 325 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 362 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 346 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 391 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 411 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 396 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 422 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 362 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 339 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 372 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 428 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 380 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 353 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 402 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 394 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 395 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 453 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 422 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 391 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 399 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 352 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 330 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 409 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 384 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 406 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 439 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 376 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 383 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 357 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 460 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 343 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 414 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 368 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 353 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 351 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 384 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 419 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 357 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 365 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 429 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 365 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 417 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 398 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 352 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 370 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 387 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 389 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 413 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 376 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 391 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 440 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 399 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 363 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 388 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 322 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 426 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 353 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 365 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 278 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 381 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 364 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 380 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 371 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 388 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 330 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 363 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 435 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 407 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 424 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 398 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 387 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 358 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 480 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 474 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 365 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 386 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 393 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 418 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 438 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 407 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 314 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 321 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 309 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 371 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 384 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 489 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 344 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 384 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 380 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 396 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 379 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 368 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 384 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 386 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 338 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 389 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 338 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 368 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 350 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 329 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 366 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 402 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 433 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 328 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 415 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 377 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 457 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 493 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 351 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 388 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.