Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DScribr wrote:

> Perhaps you should read my posts more carefully. I've already
> explained to you about your 'non-claims'. (Another diversionary
> BS post, is this all you have?)
>
> To repeat: Your opinions consistently begin w/ "it seems", and
> "it suggests..." which doesn't come close to being 'physical
> evidence' by ANY definition, and NO facts included, ever!

What are you talking about? A "claim" or "hypothesis" is not "evidence". Rather, evidence is what is used to form the basis of claims and hypotheses. So if I see what looks like a paint run from a vertical block down into the junction with the adjacent block, I might state the hypothesis that "it seems that the paint was applied after the block was installed in situ". The hypothesis is not the evidence, the paint run is the evidence.

Likewise, when we see evidence of all kinds of ancient garbage at the quarries, and evidence of humans who inhabited the place, records of what they ate, when they bathed, and instructions to deliver a product, but ZERO physical evidence, even in the huge volume of ancient garbage, of any shred of tools or equipment related to quarrying at what is widely believed to have been one of the largest quarry operations in ancient history, that's evidence that allows one to formulate hypotheses that maybe, just maybe, things ain't quite what we've been told all these years. The hypothesis isn't the "evidence", it's the conspicuous lack of specific evidence in the midst of all the other evidence found in those excavations that spurs the hypothesis.



> YOUR opinion is NO better than anyone elses, but for some
> unknown reason, you believe it is, and you believe that your
> opinions don't require ANY physical evidence, (and the facts be
> dammed...full steam ahead) BUT you insist that ALL others DO
> provide physical evidence...and when we do, you
> dismiss/disregard it without a valid reason, every time.

Show me a post where I've said my "opinion" is better than anyone else's "opinion". Meanwhile, how is that related to the current debate about the quarries? You and yours have not expressed an "opinion"; you clearly have expressed a "claim", a staunchly held claim, which you not only contend is unquestionably true (ergo "indisputable"), but which has pushed several of you to become obsessed with issuing incessant insults and sarcasm to anyone who disagrees with you.



> GET REAL Ori, the dbl-standard is obvious to all.

The readers will make their own decision.



> My tagline IS logical, and it IS a fact....IF you can't accept
> this reality, that's YOUR problem.

I rest my case.



> (Will the SCA and Mainstream change the currently accepted P.
> dates solely due to YOUR opinions??? NO, they want relevant
> FACTUAL data, [PROOF] not misconceptions based on assumptions
> and speculations.)

What? I don't expect ANYONE to change their opinion based on my opinion, let alone the SCA. I have never tried to change the SCA's (or "Mainstream's") opinion. And the SCA hasn't tried to change my opinion. You, and a few others here, are the only ones obsessed with trying to change someone's opinion.



> IS telling someone to ignore the issue part of your 'scientific method'???

No, but telling someone to ignore me when they insist on harrassing me dozens of times each day IS part of my method to keep the library quiet so the rest of us can study. When have I ever told "someone to ignore the issue"?



> You are simply unwilling to answer my question.

I don't even know what your question is. You refer to a hypothesis as if it was "evidence". First you insist I've made several "claims", and then you say I'm too wishy washy to commit to anything except polite conditionals like "it seems" and "perhaps". Frankly, your repeated illogical questions are a moving target and have lost their worthiness for an answer.



Look, I don't know if you're coming up with this stuff on your own or whether you're being coached privately, but you're being steered very badly and you're being taken farther off the rails with each passing day.

But by all means, keep digging yourself deeper.



Post Edited (09-Jul-15 22:34)

______________________________________________________________
How can any of us ever know, when all we can do is think?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 1012 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 439 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 472 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 530 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 453 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 452 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 437 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 509 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 435 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 442 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 469 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 445 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 444 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 374 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 408 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 390 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 479 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 442 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 471 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 406 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 389 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 424 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 478 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 429 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 413 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 452 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 443 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 446 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 501 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 473 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 439 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 450 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 399 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 369 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 459 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 430 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 446 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 489 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 419 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 447 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 408 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 505 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 382 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 483 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 413 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 399 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 403 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 435 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 469 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 418 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 410 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 476 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 411 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 483 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 444 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 397 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 409 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 432 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 438 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 470 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 439 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 442 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 486 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 440 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 415 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 434 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 380 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 481 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 403 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 412 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 323 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 424 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 411 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 430 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 430 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 441 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 379 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 406 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 480 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 453 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 473 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 474 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 435 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 406 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 528 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 550 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 414 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 429 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 454 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 464 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 493 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 451 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 371 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 373 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 364 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 422 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 463 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 544 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 428 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 445 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 432 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 444 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 433 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 410 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 428 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 431 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 380 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 445 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 415 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 395 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 373 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 417 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 462 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 489 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 376 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 470 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 426 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 519 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 548 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 435 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.