Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DScribr wrote:

> Ori refuses to accept the truth, and is too wishy-washy to
> claim ANYTHING 'definitively'.
>
> He doesn't hope to contradict our evidence, he tries to do so EVERY time.
>
> His misguided opinions and unfounded speculations continue, but
> the facts remain unchanged.

> ...

> ...because you refuse to accept the 3 well-documented eye-witness accounts,
> (made by well-respected Egyptolgists) that all state they ARE Tura...in fact,
> you now refuse to admit these accounts even exist.


Stop this nonsense.

Regarding your claim that three well respected Egyptologists have decreed that the roof blocks in Campbell's chamber are Tura limestone and that I should, therefore, accept their decree, let me remind you:

1. I've never commented on Vyse's claim about Tura limestone. I'm not aware of any training Vyse had in geology that qualified him to make such a claim, or any geologist he might have contracted or quoted to have made such a claim.


2. Here are my comments on Romer's "Tura" claim:
Quote

He simply "says" they are Tura, but he provides us with no citation as verification. Meanwhile, the physical evidence says otherwise.
[www.grahamhancock.com]
Romer claims G1 is a tomb, that the granite in G1 was excavated and shaped by pounding balls, and that to build G1 "they built this enormous ramp". And Romer also still believes the RCs served to relieve pressure from above. I consider his authority on anything related to geology or physics to be questionable at best. I am simply unable to unquestionably accept Romer's credibility in the field of geology or physics.


3. ...and on Houdin's "Tura" claim:
Quote

I stumbled on Lee Paulson's photos a few months ago...I was already somewhat familiar with Dowell's work (obviously now much moreso), and I've only learned about Chapuis in this present discussion. Each photographer's material has its strengths...I have no idea what basis Houdin used to claim those blocks are Tura. He's a modern architect, and yet his construction model of G1 has significant flaws in it, and so on what basis are we to accept his opinion about something over in the Geology Dept.?...Right now, I have no "preference" about whether any block is coated. Anything I've said about coatings is simply based on what the photos show. Paulson has a photo in which one entire granite ceiling slab seems coated while the entire adjacent slab seems uncoated in one of G1's lower RCs (in fact, his photo and Dowell's photo of the most southwest gable block in Campbell's Chamber both suggest it is mostly coated). The photos I've seen from several chambers show a wide variety of white goop on the walls in small blotches, large blotches, blotches centered over joints, blotches centered in the middle of the slab away from the joints, some blocks with no apparent coating at all, and other blocks that appear to be coated entirely, some limestone, some granite. It's just what I'm seeing in the photos. I have a few thoughts on it, but I'm not sure it belongs in this "Raising the Roof" discussion.
<[www.grahamhancock.com];

"Eyewitness accounts" of an ancient stone, covered in patina and soot, in pitch darkness, viewed with flashlights, without being able to take any samples hardly proves anything as "fact". The stones do not seem to be from the same quarries. It's not even clear...which paint markings were done at the quarry vs. at the construction site vs. in situ. Why do you think it would it matter to me whether those slabs are Tura...that I would be so fixated on denying that claim?

What does Houdin know about geology? Based on the analysis I've read from him regarding the Grand Gallery, it's not even clear to me how much he understands about architecture. However, I do respect him tremendously even though I disagree with his conclusions. I respect him mainly because of how he's captured the attention of orthodoxy to stretch their tenet to include other possibilities.
<[www.grahamhancock.com];

Meanwhile, I'm still waiting for you to cite the posts where I've ever denied that those three investigators made the claim of Tura in the RCs or where I've claimed those "roof blocks are NOT Tura"...in the spirit of "truth" and "honesty".



______________________________________________________________
How can any of us ever know, when all we can do is think?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 841 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 352 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 376 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 448 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 388 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 387 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 370 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 427 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 372 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 353 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 362 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 388 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 362 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 372 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 304 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 348 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 322 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 370 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 373 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 365 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 384 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 311 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 322 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 334 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 408 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 338 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 322 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 361 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 367 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 341 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 390 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 401 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 354 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 377 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 334 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 307 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 377 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 345 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 360 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 395 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 345 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 353 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 326 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 426 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 326 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 370 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 340 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 324 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 296 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 363 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 389 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 317 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 315 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 391 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 323 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 382 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 376 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 329 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 347 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 352 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 368 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 392 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 324 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 357 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 406 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 379 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 341 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 367 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 300 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 380 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 331 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 324 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 256 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 361 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 330 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 359 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 340 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 351 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 309 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 321 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 389 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 386 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 363 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 354 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 342 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 337 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 428 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 453 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 331 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 363 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 360 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 381 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 401 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 360 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 279 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 299 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 288 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 354 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 353 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 324 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 356 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 345 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 353 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 360 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 345 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 357 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 360 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 320 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 357 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 312 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 333 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 331 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 299 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 325 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 375 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 360 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 311 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 358 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 410 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 333 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 358 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.