Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanos5150 wrote:

> Jon Ellison wrote:
>
> > Is it because he has the audacity to disagree with you.?????
>
> How many times have I said this is not the case? 5-10 times in
> the last week or so alone? For you or others to say this again
> means either you have not read any of the posts or are being
> willfully dishonest to represent this situation, erroneously my
> character, as something it is not for no other reason than to
> alleviate responsibility towards Origyptian, and by extension
> yourself. Which is it Jon-are you uninformed, lying, or both?



You seem to have an obsession with your perception of of what is and is not a lie.
A lie is anything that is not a Thanos truth?
You are also prone to making veiled insults.
i.e. " Which is it Jon are you uninformed,lying or both"?



>
> > Would you prefer that all posters agree with your
> viewpoint???
>
> You mean like Origyptian? Or Archae? You know full well I would
> not and to accuse me of such is absurd and dishonest. As you
> know as well, unlike some here I have no wares to peddle or
> belief system to pontificate for the benefit of my own ego.
> Whip me, beat me, call me Edna, but I am here in search of the
> real no matter where it leads. If I am wrong I want to know it,
> and why, as what is the point of deluding myself at the expense
> of the truth anyways? Isn't that what religion is for?



I asked a question . How can a question be dishonest?
Again you seem to have a problem with your perception of honesty.
Many on here including myself and Ori have no wares to peddle.
A search is a journey, A new experience and discovery unfolding at every turn.


>
> If Mons C had a whiff of being made by an earlier civilization
> I would be the first to stand up for it and quite frankly could
> argue the case as good or better than most. But the evidence is
> not there, if only clearly to the contrary. And I for one am
> certainly not going to twist, manipulate, and obfuscate the
> minutia of every little morsel to make it so by way of some
> self-servingly manufactured "reasonable doubt" regardless of
> the preponderance of the evidence that says otherwise for no
> other purpose than to maintain my own self-absorbed belief
> system at all costs. Which for me doesn't even exist in the
> first place. Can you honestly say the same about the two of
> you? Or I guess just Origyptian as you are capable of little
> more than acting as his translucent star-crossed proxy anyways.




Evidence is open to interpretation and opinion. You have your opinion, The Thanos truth, Others have theirs.




>
>
> As hard as it is for you to understand, repeatedly peddling
> pretense couched in canned rhetoric to win arguments to
> maintain a belief system is inherently hostile and offensive
> behavior. Not to mention dishonest. And all the while it is
> done from a position of total ignorance of whom you two rely on
> others to educate you then have the same gall to argue with
> them about it from the same position of ignorance then ask for
> more. On and on it goes until the other participants are
> exhausted and move on or the conversation devolves into
> whitless fear mongering towards those who take exception to
> this behavior. Bravo. Saying it with a smile doesn't change the
> intent, so no one is fooling anyone here. And as you can
> imagine, I am not smiling.



Again another veiled insult, "As hard as it is for you to understand".
Again the reference to "dishonesty".
Again another veiled insult. "Done from a position of total ignorance", "rely on others to educate".
Do you really believe that you are here to educate? The eternal sage, The oracle, The Thanos truth. The only truth.???



>
> > Do you have a problem with those that disagree with you on a
> > discussion forum???
>
> You know I don't and that is clearly not the point. As we have
> learned here time and again, just saying the same falsehood
> over and over does not make it so. If you guys need to keep
> making things up about me to paint me in a less favorable light
> to take the glare off your own inequities you are only proving
> my point for me. Playing the hapless victims of your imaginary
> "tyranny of Thanos" to garner the sympathy of others to rally
> to your cause in a veiled attempt to shift the focus away from
> your own deficiencies on to those you conjure up of others
> fools even only the fool so long. Its the smell that eventually
> gives it away.



No, I don't know that you don't. That is why I ask.
Why do you say "Tyranny of Thanos"???
Again another, although slightly less veiled insult.
"To shift the focus away from your own deficiencies"



>
> Disagreement is part of the reason to be here. Differing
> opinions force me to look at my own and reevaluate them in
> light of new information or a different perspective I had not
> yet considered. If I am wrong or my logic is flawed and someone
> corrects me or shows me a better perspective I am thankful for
> it because why on Earth would I want to keep deluding myself or
> wallow in my own ignorance just to keep my own beliefs intact?
> And also, understanding the arguments against your opinions
> only helps to understand them even better and if made stronger
> or weaker as a result it should be welcomed, not ignored.



Then why do you lower yourself to personal attacks and veiled insults instead of focusing on the logic of the discussion??



>
> > You are totally blameless.
>
> I am not forcing you two to behave this way, so yes, I agree.
> And I will not apologize for taking exception to such willful
> intellectual dishonesty either. Lie to your spouse, your
> taxman, your preacher-whatever. This is human nature which no
> one is immune. Just don't lie about or obfuscate the facts or
> context to defend your opinions or win an argument at the
> expense of the intellectual integrity and effort of others.
> Made only worse by the fact more often than not you really have
> no idea what you are talking about and are relying on others to
> educate you just so you can argue with them. Sorry, but I just
> do not comprehend this. This is not "open-mindedness"- its
> zealotry.




Again more references to lies and dishonesty. You obviously are referring to anything that is not a "Thanos truth"
Another personal insult, "You have no idea what you are talking about".
That is a ridiculous statement.




>
> > You have no control whatsoever over
> > others posts and opinions.
>
> Actually I do. Its acquired voluntarily by way of the honesty,
> integrity, erudition, and humility in which I present
> information and ideas in conjunction with taking responsibility
> for my actions when I am in the wrong. The same opportunity
> afforded to anyone else. Maybe this can't compete for some with
> the less intellectually strenuous siren song of rhetoric,
> pretense, and the empty promise of more fantastical realms in
> lieu of the mundane of the real, but I will stay the course
> nonetheless.




What promise??
Another veiled insult.. "less intellectually strenuous siren song of rhetoric".
By all means, stay on your course.
Another reference to "Honesty"




>
> > You may like to have control over the publication of others
> > opinions, but you don't, get over it.
>
> You say this yet again you know it is clearly not the truth.
> Ignorance and stupidity are one thing, I am guilty of both
> myself at times, my wife would say a lot, but personally I
> really loathe intellectual dishonesty in an attempt to
> impose or obscure one belief system over another. History,
> social mores, religion-whatever. Made only worse by those who
> argue these beliefs from a position of willful ignorance or
> hubris and greed. If this is a fatal flaw in my character so be
> it. I make no apologies.





Again how can the asking of questions and the offering of opinions be dishonest??
How is it possible to ask a dishonest question?
Are you saying that it is dishonest to question your truth, The Thanos truth??




>
> With that being said, it is clear we are all sick of talking
> about the inequity of the few. So out of fear of losing any
> more of my self-respect for being involved in such vapid
> repartee yet again, but more importantly out of respect for my
> fellow posters who wish it to end, I hear you, it is time to
> move on. I have no doubt at this point those that get the
> truths being spoken of here do, and those that don't never will
> and no amount of belaboring will change this.




I also hear you.
So therefore out of respect for fellow posters let all concerned focus on the issues and respect the opinions and questions of others.
I do not consider you either a liar or dishonest, you have a point of view, the Thanos truth, which should be graciously respected by all.

However, please refrain from accusing others of lying or ignorance when they are simply offering up their opinion and observations. Even if that opinion is in opposition to your belief system. Their knowledge base may differ from yours, but is not necessarily less extensive.

There are no truths and therefore there can be no lies. All there can be are opinions based upon observations. "Seeing".


Maybe you should be less judgmental.



Post Edited (28-Jun-15 11:16)

x

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 895 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 379 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 400 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 467 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 402 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 384 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 451 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 382 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 383 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 411 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 386 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 390 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 316 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 355 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 338 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 383 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 388 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 411 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 353 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 332 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 363 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 419 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 366 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 336 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 385 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 369 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 421 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 414 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 383 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 390 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 346 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 320 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 403 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 375 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 398 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 430 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 368 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 372 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 348 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 450 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 336 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 399 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 360 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 344 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 342 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 375 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 406 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 330 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 348 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 420 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 347 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 396 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 389 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 343 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 361 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 378 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 380 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 405 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 347 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 376 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 432 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 391 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 354 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 379 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 314 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 417 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 343 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 341 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 269 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 372 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 356 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 371 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 362 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 379 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 321 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 355 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 409 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 399 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 413 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 383 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 371 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 349 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 471 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 465 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 356 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 377 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 381 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 408 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 420 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 400 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 303 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 312 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 302 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 364 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 374 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 481 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 337 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 369 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 372 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 384 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 371 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 359 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 376 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 374 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 331 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 375 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 328 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 358 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 343 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 315 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 346 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 392 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 321 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 408 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 370 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 485 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 343 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 379 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.