Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Jon Ellison wrote:

> Is it because he has the audacity to disagree with you.?????

How many times have I said this is not the case? 5-10 times in the last week or so alone? For you or others to say this again means either you have not read any of the posts or are being willfully dishonest to represent this situation, erroneously my character, as something it is not for no other reason than to alleviate responsibility towards Origyptian, and by extension yourself. Which is it Jon-are you uninformed, lying, or both?

> Would you prefer that all posters agree with your viewpoint???

You mean like Origyptian? Or Archae? You know full well I would not and to accuse me of such is absurd and dishonest. As you know as well, unlike some here I have no wares to peddle or belief system to pontificate for the benefit of my own ego. Whip me, beat me, call me Edna, but I am here in search of the real no matter where it leads. If I am wrong I want to know it, and why, as what is the point of deluding myself at the expense of the truth anyways? Isn't that what religion is for?

If Mons C had a whiff of being made by an earlier civilization I would be the first to stand up for it and quite frankly could argue the case as good or better than most. But the evidence is not there, if only clearly to the contrary. And I for one am certainly not going to twist, manipulate, and obfuscate the minutia of every little morsel to make it so by way of some self-servingly manufactured "reasonable doubt" regardless of the preponderance of the evidence that says otherwise for no other purpose than to maintain my own self-absorbed belief system at all costs. Which for me doesn't even exist in the first place. Can you honestly say the same about the two of you? Or I guess just Origyptian as you are capable of little more than acting as his translucent star-crossed proxy anyways.

As hard as it is for you to understand, repeatedly peddling pretense couched in canned rhetoric to win arguments to maintain a belief system is inherently hostile and offensive behavior. Not to mention dishonest. And all the while it is done from a position of total ignorance of whom you two rely on others to educate you then have the same gall to argue with them about it from the same position of ignorance then ask for more. On and on it goes until the other participants are exhausted and move on or the conversation devolves into whitless fear mongering towards those who take exception to this behavior. Bravo. Saying it with a smile doesn't change the intent, so no one is fooling anyone here. And as you can imagine, I am not smiling.

> Do you have a problem with those that disagree with you on a
> discussion forum???

You know I don't and that is clearly not the point. As we have learned here time and again, just saying the same falsehood over and over does not make it so. If you guys need to keep making things up about me to paint me in a less favorable light to take the glare off your own inequities you are only proving my point for me. Playing the hapless victims of your imaginary "tyranny of Thanos" to garner the sympathy of others to rally to your cause in a veiled attempt to shift the focus away from your own deficiencies on to those you conjure up of others fools even only the fool so long. Its the smell that eventually gives it away.

Disagreement is part of the reason to be here. Differing opinions force me to look at my own and reevaluate them in light of new information or a different perspective I had not yet considered. If I am wrong or my logic is flawed and someone corrects me or shows me a better perspective I am thankful for it because why on Earth would I want to keep deluding myself or wallow in my own ignorance just to keep my own beliefs intact? And also, understanding the arguments against your opinions only helps to understand them even better and if made stronger or weaker as a result it should be welcomed, not ignored.

> You are totally blameless.

I am not forcing you two to behave this way, so yes, I agree. And I will not apologize for taking exception to such willful intellectual dishonesty either. Lie to your spouse, your taxman, your preacher-whatever. This is human nature which no one is immune. Just don't lie about or obfuscate the facts or context to defend your opinions or win an argument at the expense of the intellectual integrity and effort of others. Made only worse by the fact more often than not you really have no idea what you are talking about and are relying on others to educate you just so you can argue with them. Sorry, but I just do not comprehend this. This is not "open-mindedness"- its zealotry.

> You have no control whatsoever over
> others posts and opinions.

Actually I do. Its acquired voluntarily by way of the honesty, integrity, erudition, and humility in which I present information and ideas in conjunction with taking responsibility for my actions when I am in the wrong. The same opportunity afforded to anyone else. Maybe this can't compete for some with the less intellectually strenuous siren song of rhetoric, pretense, and the empty promise of more fantastical realms in lieu of the mundane of the real, but I will stay the course nonetheless.

> You may like to have control over the publication of others
> opinions, but you don't, get over it.

You say this yet again you know it is clearly not the truth. Ignorance and stupidity are one thing, I am guilty of both myself at times, my wife would say a lot, but personally I really loathe intellectual dishonesty in an attempt to impose or obscure one belief system over another. History, social mores, religion-whatever. Made only worse by those who argue these beliefs from a position of willful ignorance or hubris and greed. If this is a fatal flaw in my character so be it. I make no apologies.

With that being said, it is clear we are all sick of talking about the inequity of the few. So out of fear of losing any more of my self-respect for being involved in such vapid repartee yet again, but more importantly out of respect for my fellow posters who wish it to end, I hear you, it is time to move on. I have no doubt at this point those that get the truths being spoken of here do, and those that don't never will and no amount of belaboring will change this.

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 1031 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 446 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 478 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 533 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 458 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 456 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 441 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 515 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 454 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 439 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 444 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 473 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 377 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 412 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 393 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 455 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 485 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 446 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 475 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 409 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 391 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 430 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 482 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 433 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 418 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 446 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 506 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 479 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 443 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 453 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 402 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 373 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 461 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 435 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 449 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 493 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 423 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 451 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 410 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 510 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 385 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 487 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 415 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 404 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 408 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 439 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 472 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 422 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 414 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 480 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 415 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 487 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 448 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 399 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 413 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 436 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 443 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 478 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 442 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 446 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 492 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 445 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 419 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 437 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 383 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 486 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 406 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 417 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 328 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 428 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 415 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 432 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 434 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 446 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 382 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 408 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 485 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 455 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 478 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 478 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 439 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 410 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 532 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 554 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 418 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 433 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 459 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 468 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 497 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 455 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 373 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 376 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 367 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 426 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 467 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 549 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 433 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 438 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 448 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 440 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 414 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 432 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 435 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 383 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 420 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 376 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 424 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 467 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 493 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 380 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 475 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 430 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 525 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 553 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 442 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.