Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DScribr wrote:

> Sounds like Thanos is absolutely correct to me, and I agree w/
> him here 100%. You've made a bad habit of disrespecting many
> here by constantly and consistently refusing to accept the
> valid evidence they've provided. Extremely poor forum conduct
> on your part....not to mention us wasting our time searching
> for, and posting this evidence at YOUR request.

Are you suggesting that it's disrespectful to disagree with someone?
Respectfully, I disagree with that. No one has posted the evidence I've requested in the OP. Rather, the photo bombs and ostraca discussed here so far do not validate the "quarry" claim as being "indisputable", which was the crux of my question.

I never expect anyone to accept the evidence I submit to the discussion and I don't automatically interpret their disagreement with me as a sign of disrespect. I post my own observations in the spirit of discussion, not in the spirit of trying to convince anyone to be like-minded to my own opinions. I've never argued with anyone just because they disagree with me.

I have no problem that you agree with Thanos. Go ahead and disagree with the observations I've made which I believe throws doubt on the "accepted view" about Mons. C. being a true quarry. I'm not going to insult you for disagreeing with me, nor will I lose respect for you simply for disagreeing with me.

I don't know what evidence you are referring to as "valid". I'm only looking for evidence that eliminates all but one hypothesis in order to render it "indisputable". As of this moment, no such evidence has been presented.

Meanwhile, please don't claim that agreeing with someone is any indication of "respect". I can equally respect those who agree and those who disagree with me. Whether I disagree with someone has nothing at all to do with whether I respect them.



> "I've only asked a very simple question..."
>
> Simply not true. You dismiss/disregard any and all facts that
> you don't agree w/, but offer nothing to counter these facts.
> (You still don't play 'Little Miss Innocent' very
> well....poorly, in fact.) You make claims, never provide
> evidence for these claims, and then deny making them....ALL
> while requesting evidence from all others.

I honestly don't know what you're complaining about. We are all free to assess the evidence presented in these discussions however we see fit according to our own standards of proof or wishful thinking. We are under no obligation to "counter these facts" just because we don't agree they're facts. But that's not at all the problem here. The problem is all the insults you guys throw apparently because someone simply happens to disagree with your strongly held claims. I am not criticizing anyone for the evidence they are presenting. I'm only being critical about the claim that this or that observation renders a hypothesis "indisputable" when it clearly does not. In my world, calling something "indisputable" requires a FAR higher standard of proof than what I see some poeple applying here. I have no idea why that should insult anyone other than the fact that their ego might be hurt when someone disagrees with their conclusions.

Meanwhile, OK, I get it, you disagree with how I evaluate evidence. So what? Am I not allowed to have a standard of proof different than yours? I'm not going to call you names or insult you because I see the evidence differently than you do.

It is wrong to try to tie "respect" to whether someone is in "agreement". To the objective mind, they have nothing to do with each other.



> The 3 of us haven't 'pulled out all the stops'; we simply gave
> our opinions of your conduct. BUT, you continue unfazed, and
> unchanging....obfuscation, diversion, outright denial, and
> making false statements is a way of life for you here. You
> spend most of your time ignoring and avoiding the truth. The
> record is very clear on this, anyway.

Again, I missed your point. Are you saying that because the 3 of you are ganging up against me I must for some reason agree with you or else I'm the bad guy? Is that your idea of scientific thought?

What "false statements" have I made?
What "truth" have I ignored/avoided?
Please cite where the "record is very clear on this".



> You asked for examples on the now closed thread, and I could
> spend ALL day posting them, but this ONE will suffice: Remember
> SC's 'Plaster Thread'??? In that one you absolutely refused to
> accept the FACT that the Roof blocks in C's Chamber ARE Tura
> Limestone....despite the posting of 3 eye-witness accounts
> which all stated that they are indeed Tura Limestone. (GR even
> put forth extra effort as he had emailed Mr. Houdin for
> confirmation.)

"Eyewitness accounts" of an ancient stone, covered in patina and soot, in pitch darkness, viewed with flashlights, without being able to take any samples hardly proves anything as "fact". The stones do not seem to be from the same quarries. It's not even clear whether which paint markings were done at the quarry vs. at the construction site vs. in situ. Why do you think it would it matter to me whether those slabs are Tura or not that I would be so fixated on denying that claim?

What does Houdin know about geology? Based on the analysis I've read from him regarding the Grand Gallery, it's not even clear to me how much he understands about architecture. However, I do respect him tremendously even though I disagree with his conclusions. I respect him mainly because of how he's captured the attention of orthodoxy to stretch their tenet to include other possibilities.



> By all means, let the reader decide.

Indeed.



Post Edited (26-Jun-15 19:16)

______________________________________________________________
How can any of us ever know, when all we can do is think?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 932 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 391 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 413 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 482 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 414 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 414 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 396 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 468 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 404 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 400 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 398 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 426 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 402 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 330 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 366 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 351 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 396 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 419 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 403 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 427 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 366 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 344 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 381 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 431 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 385 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 366 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 408 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 399 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 403 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 457 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 429 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 398 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 404 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 358 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 335 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 415 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 389 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 409 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 444 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 379 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 396 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 362 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 465 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 347 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 426 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 372 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 359 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 355 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 389 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 430 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 368 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 371 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 432 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 369 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 427 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 403 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 356 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 374 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 392 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 394 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 418 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 384 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 398 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 444 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 403 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 369 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 392 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 327 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 432 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 358 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 369 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 282 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 385 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 371 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 385 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 375 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 393 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 335 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 366 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 438 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 412 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 428 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 407 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 393 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 363 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 489 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 481 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 370 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 391 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 401 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 423 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 444 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 411 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 321 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 325 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 312 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 375 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 388 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 494 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 359 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 397 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 383 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 401 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 383 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 373 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 389 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 390 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 343 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 399 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 345 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 372 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 355 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 333 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 370 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 409 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 442 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 332 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 420 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 380 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 463 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 498 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 354 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 391 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.