Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
DScribr wrote:

> Sounds like Thanos is absolutely correct to me, and I agree w/
> him here 100%. You've made a bad habit of disrespecting many
> here by constantly and consistently refusing to accept the
> valid evidence they've provided. Extremely poor forum conduct
> on your part....not to mention us wasting our time searching
> for, and posting this evidence at YOUR request.

Are you suggesting that it's disrespectful to disagree with someone?
Respectfully, I disagree with that. No one has posted the evidence I've requested in the OP. Rather, the photo bombs and ostraca discussed here so far do not validate the "quarry" claim as being "indisputable", which was the crux of my question.

I never expect anyone to accept the evidence I submit to the discussion and I don't automatically interpret their disagreement with me as a sign of disrespect. I post my own observations in the spirit of discussion, not in the spirit of trying to convince anyone to be like-minded to my own opinions. I've never argued with anyone just because they disagree with me.

I have no problem that you agree with Thanos. Go ahead and disagree with the observations I've made which I believe throws doubt on the "accepted view" about Mons. C. being a true quarry. I'm not going to insult you for disagreeing with me, nor will I lose respect for you simply for disagreeing with me.

I don't know what evidence you are referring to as "valid". I'm only looking for evidence that eliminates all but one hypothesis in order to render it "indisputable". As of this moment, no such evidence has been presented.

Meanwhile, please don't claim that agreeing with someone is any indication of "respect". I can equally respect those who agree and those who disagree with me. Whether I disagree with someone has nothing at all to do with whether I respect them.



> "I've only asked a very simple question..."
>
> Simply not true. You dismiss/disregard any and all facts that
> you don't agree w/, but offer nothing to counter these facts.
> (You still don't play 'Little Miss Innocent' very
> well....poorly, in fact.) You make claims, never provide
> evidence for these claims, and then deny making them....ALL
> while requesting evidence from all others.

I honestly don't know what you're complaining about. We are all free to assess the evidence presented in these discussions however we see fit according to our own standards of proof or wishful thinking. We are under no obligation to "counter these facts" just because we don't agree they're facts. But that's not at all the problem here. The problem is all the insults you guys throw apparently because someone simply happens to disagree with your strongly held claims. I am not criticizing anyone for the evidence they are presenting. I'm only being critical about the claim that this or that observation renders a hypothesis "indisputable" when it clearly does not. In my world, calling something "indisputable" requires a FAR higher standard of proof than what I see some poeple applying here. I have no idea why that should insult anyone other than the fact that their ego might be hurt when someone disagrees with their conclusions.

Meanwhile, OK, I get it, you disagree with how I evaluate evidence. So what? Am I not allowed to have a standard of proof different than yours? I'm not going to call you names or insult you because I see the evidence differently than you do.

It is wrong to try to tie "respect" to whether someone is in "agreement". To the objective mind, they have nothing to do with each other.



> The 3 of us haven't 'pulled out all the stops'; we simply gave
> our opinions of your conduct. BUT, you continue unfazed, and
> unchanging....obfuscation, diversion, outright denial, and
> making false statements is a way of life for you here. You
> spend most of your time ignoring and avoiding the truth. The
> record is very clear on this, anyway.

Again, I missed your point. Are you saying that because the 3 of you are ganging up against me I must for some reason agree with you or else I'm the bad guy? Is that your idea of scientific thought?

What "false statements" have I made?
What "truth" have I ignored/avoided?
Please cite where the "record is very clear on this".



> You asked for examples on the now closed thread, and I could
> spend ALL day posting them, but this ONE will suffice: Remember
> SC's 'Plaster Thread'??? In that one you absolutely refused to
> accept the FACT that the Roof blocks in C's Chamber ARE Tura
> Limestone....despite the posting of 3 eye-witness accounts
> which all stated that they are indeed Tura Limestone. (GR even
> put forth extra effort as he had emailed Mr. Houdin for
> confirmation.)

"Eyewitness accounts" of an ancient stone, covered in patina and soot, in pitch darkness, viewed with flashlights, without being able to take any samples hardly proves anything as "fact". The stones do not seem to be from the same quarries. It's not even clear whether which paint markings were done at the quarry vs. at the construction site vs. in situ. Why do you think it would it matter to me whether those slabs are Tura or not that I would be so fixated on denying that claim?

What does Houdin know about geology? Based on the analysis I've read from him regarding the Grand Gallery, it's not even clear to me how much he understands about architecture. However, I do respect him tremendously even though I disagree with his conclusions. I respect him mainly because of how he's captured the attention of orthodoxy to stretch their tenet to include other possibilities.



> By all means, let the reader decide.

Indeed.



Post Edited (26-Jun-15 19:16)

______________________________________________________________
How can any of us ever know, when all we can do is think?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 1034 JonnyMcA 25-Jun-15 20:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Thanos5150 25-Jun-15 23:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 479 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 01:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 534 Audrey 26-Jun-15 02:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 459 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 457 MJT 26-Jun-15 17:34
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 442 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 17:57
Re: Mons Claudianus Tools 516 MJT 26-Jun-15 19:22
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 455 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 04:04
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 440 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:18
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 445 Jon Ellison 26-Jun-15 10:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 474 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 06:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 378 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 14:50
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 413 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 394 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 04:49
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 02:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 486 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 07:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 15:06
Example 477 DScribr 26-Jun-15 18:05
Re: Example 410 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:04
Re: Example 392 cladking 26-Jun-15 19:21
Re: Example 431 Brian Patterson 26-Jun-15 19:32
Re: Example 483 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 19:43
Re: Example 434 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:36
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 419 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 20:24
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 457 Origyptian 26-Jun-15 21:42
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 447 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 00:19
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 450 Audrey 27-Jun-15 02:26
Same old same old..... 507 DScribr 26-Jun-15 22:48
Re: Same old same old..... 480 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 05:16
Re: Same old same old..... 444 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:08
Re: Same old same old..... 454 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 21:18
Re: Same old same old..... 403 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 00:10
Re: Same old same old..... 374 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 01:25
Re: Same old same old..... 462 Corpuscles 28-Jun-15 02:52
Re: Same old same old..... 436 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 01:35
Re: Same old same old..... 450 Audrey 28-Jun-15 00:47
Re: Same old same old..... 495 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 02:56
Re: Same old same old..... 424 Merrell 28-Jun-15 13:20
Only One World of True Believers? 452 cladking 28-Jun-15 15:23
Re: Same old same old..... 412 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 03:27
Re: Same old same old..... 511 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 11:00
Re: Same old same old..... 386 Thanos5150 28-Jun-15 16:53
Re: Same old same old..... 488 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 17:25
Re: Same old same old..... 416 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:14
Why change??? 405 DScribr 30-Jun-15 22:19
Re: Why change??? 409 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 22:52
Re: Why change??? 440 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 04:27
Re: Why change??? 473 Corpuscles 01-Jul-15 06:11
Re: Why change??? 423 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 13:41
Re: Why change??? 415 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 14:08
Re: Why change??? 481 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 15:33
Re: Why change??? 416 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 15:38
Re: Why change??? 488 Jon Ellison 01-Jul-15 16:03
Re: Why change??? 449 Origyptian 01-Jul-15 16:21
Re: Why care about the facts??? 400 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:59
Re: Why care about the facts??? 414 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 20:13
Re: Why care about the facts??? 437 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 20:52
Mod Warning > Jon Ellison 444 lukehancock 03-Jul-15 11:20
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 479 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:17
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 443 Corpuscles 07-Jul-15 02:26
Re: Why should 'we' care about the facts??? 447 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 03:26
Willful ignorance 493 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:02
Re: Why care about the facts??? 446 Jon Ellison 02-Jul-15 22:49
Re: NO change of facts 420 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:54
Re: NO change of facts 438 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:55
Re: Why change??? 385 DScribr 02-Jul-15 19:52
Re: Why change??? 487 Origyptian 02-Jul-15 21:54
"Seems to be..." 407 DScribr 06-Jul-15 18:06
Re: "Seems to be..." 418 Origyptian 06-Jul-15 19:03
Re: "Seems to be..." 329 DScribr 07-Jul-15 17:48
Re: "Seems to be..." 429 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:19
Re: "Seems to be..." 416 DScribr 07-Jul-15 18:31
Re: "Seems to be..." 433 Origyptian 07-Jul-15 18:35
Re: "Seems to be..." 435 Jon Ellison 07-Jul-15 20:27
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 447 DScribr 08-Jul-15 17:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 383 Origyptian 08-Jul-15 17:55
It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 409 DScribr 08-Jul-15 22:49
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 486 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 00:32
Re: It IS a Dbl-standard!!! 456 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 05:55
Same nonsense-different day... 479 DScribr 09-Jul-15 18:13
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 479 Origyptian 09-Jul-15 18:45
Re: Same nonsense-different day... 440 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 19:21
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 411 DScribr 10-Jul-15 19:29
Re: Same nonsense-different day....A MUST READ for all Ori "Fans." 534 Origyptian 10-Jul-15 21:02
Selective memory loss 555 DScribr 10-Jul-15 22:49
Re: Seems to be a Dbl-standard 419 Jon Ellison 09-Jul-15 01:09
English Lesson 434 randompHactor 27-Jun-15 15:46
Re: English Lesson 460 Thanos5150 27-Jun-15 16:33
Re: English Lesson 469 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 16:55
Re: English Lesson 498 Origyptian 27-Jun-15 20:25
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 456 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 04:31
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 374 Audrey 26-Jun-15 05:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 377 Corpuscles 26-Jun-15 06:43
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 368 Audrey 27-Jun-15 01:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 427 Corpuscles 27-Jun-15 01:56
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 468 Thanos5150 26-Jun-15 17:00
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 550 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 18:58
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 435 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 20:05
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 451 Origyptian 29-Jun-15 13:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 439 Jon Ellison 29-Jun-15 14:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 449 Audrey 30-Jun-15 03:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 441 Jon Ellison 30-Jun-15 13:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 415 DUNE 27-Jun-15 17:01
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 433 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 17:10
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 436 Sirfiroth 27-Jun-15 18:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 384 Jon Ellison 27-Jun-15 18:37
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 451 cladking 27-Jun-15 18:47
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 457 Ulrich 28-Jun-15 15:06
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 421 Origyptian 28-Jun-15 15:30
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 402 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 16:33
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 377 Audrey 28-Jun-15 17:39
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 425 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 18:23
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 468 Ulrich 29-Jun-15 19:20
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 495 Audrey 30-Jun-15 01:26
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 381 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 02:28
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 476 Origyptian 30-Jun-15 03:48
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 431 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 15:53
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 526 Ulrich 30-Jun-15 21:03
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 554 Thanos5150 30-Jun-15 04:12
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 402 Jon Ellison 28-Jun-15 19:11
Re: Giza Pyramids: Order of Construction part 2 444 Thanos5150 29-Jun-15 21:25


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.