Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Archae Solenhofen wrote:

> Jon Ellison wrote:
>
> >Archae
>
> >It's a technique that has been used by engineers for well over
> >a century, it works well in practice ..
> >try it, get two straight edges..
> >Set squares will do .
> >Place them back to back, hold then up to the light and look.
> >One thousandth of an inch is just discernible as a thin sliver
> >of light.
> >ten/ one thousandths looks like an open barn door.
>
> Lovely.... was that how it was done with the large polished
> granodiorite surfaces? Must be an amazing video with that
> sarcophagus juggling act that must therefor have been
> done....... you see because I have done it with a bread
> slice-sized slab of diamond sawed quartz and just a 6" metal
> ruler and I don't see any light 6" away unless it's
> >>>>>>perfectly<<<<<<< lined up. How was that lining up
> accomplished on the sarcophagus?
>
> Archae Solenhofen (solenhofen@hotmail.com)



How did you line it up perfectly??.
Try it again .. Cheap and easy enough. all you need is two metal set squares and a light source.

Archae.
Engineers have been using this method for well over a century. In fact at least back to the days of Whitworth.
So don't now try to say that it does not work because it opposes your argument.
Please do some research on the subject.
This is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of known established and employed engineering fact.
Accuracy increases with experience. However you do need a machined accurate straight edge.


Here's the you tube video again..

And another...

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]



Post Edited (07-Apr-15 20:03)

x

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Early Dynastic Technology. 545 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 09:19
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 314 Scott Creighton 02-Apr-15 09:38
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 566 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 09:49
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 275 charly 02-Apr-15 12:14
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 278 Origyptian 02-Apr-15 15:35
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 168 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 15:41
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 299 Skatha 04-Apr-15 15:36
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 260 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 15:44
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 304 Archae Solenhofen 04-Apr-15 16:30
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 285 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 16:48
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 325 Archae Solenhofen 04-Apr-15 17:11
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 275 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 17:18
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 214 Archae Solenhofen 04-Apr-15 17:40
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 271 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 18:03
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 234 Archae Solenhofen 04-Apr-15 18:37
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 262 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 19:12
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 309 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 15:58
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 267 OCaptain 04-Apr-15 19:30
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 222 Archae Solenhofen 04-Apr-15 21:14
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 284 cladking 02-Apr-15 15:39
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 269 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 15:45
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 299 cladking 02-Apr-15 16:12
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 265 Thanos5150 04-Apr-15 18:10
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 309 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 18:13
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 302 Thanos5150 04-Apr-15 19:11
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 313 cladking 04-Apr-15 19:11
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 284 Thanos5150 04-Apr-15 20:58
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 284 cladking 02-Apr-15 16:10
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 287 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 16:24
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 347 Origyptian 02-Apr-15 21:41
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 264 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 21:54
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 291 Origyptian 02-Apr-15 22:24
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 298 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 22:54
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 293 DScribr 04-Apr-15 19:49
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 310 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 19:58
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 251 DScribr 05-Apr-15 00:32
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 294 Jon Ellison 05-Apr-15 00:40
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 296 DScribr 05-Apr-15 16:55
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 301 Jon Ellison 05-Apr-15 17:18
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 281 DScribr 05-Apr-15 19:04
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 311 Jon Ellison 05-Apr-15 19:42
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 269 DScribr 06-Apr-15 06:07
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 325 MJT 05-Apr-15 20:04
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 295 Jon Ellison 05-Apr-15 21:05
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 322 DScribr 06-Apr-15 06:19
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 361 Jon Ellison 06-Apr-15 09:27
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 253 DScribr 06-Apr-15 06:02
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 294 Martin Stower 08-Apr-15 20:30
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 256 MJT 08-Apr-15 21:32
Re: Early Dynastic Technology can stand up to the speculators. 288 Martin Stower 08-Apr-15 23:40
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 242 Origyptian 05-Apr-15 06:06
Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids 309 DScribr 05-Apr-15 17:03
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids 287 Origyptian 06-Apr-15 04:57
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 291 DScribr 06-Apr-15 06:32
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 263 Origyptian 06-Apr-15 14:29
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 338 Jon Ellison 06-Apr-15 14:38
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 311 Origyptian 06-Apr-15 16:43
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 308 Jon Ellison 06-Apr-15 16:51
Re: Early Dynastic Technology Built Pyramids....'growing evidence' 258 DScribr 06-Apr-15 14:55
Denial of the evidence... 276 Ratcho 06-Apr-15 15:31
Re: Denial of the evidence... 304 Jon Ellison 06-Apr-15 15:47
Sinister... 346 Ratcho 06-Apr-15 18:11
Re: Sinister... 277 Origyptian 06-Apr-15 18:20
Re: Sinister... 319 MJT 06-Apr-15 18:55
Re: Sinister... 272 Ratcho 06-Apr-15 19:49
Re: Sinister... 232 MJT 06-Apr-15 23:01
Re: Sinister... 321 Ratcho 07-Apr-15 00:13
Re: Sinister... 249 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 08:25
Re: Sinister... 282 MJT 07-Apr-15 11:26
Re: Sinister... 267 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 11:48
The lack of perfection... 312 Ratcho 08-Apr-15 07:28
Re: The lack of perfection... 291 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 10:26
Re: The lack of perfection... 306 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 12:13
Re: The lack of perfection... 278 MJT 08-Apr-15 14:19
Re: The lack of perfection... 217 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 14:24
Re: The lack of perfection... 246 Corpuscles 08-Apr-15 16:46
Re: The lack of perfection... 238 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 17:00
Not contributing to discussion 353 randompHactor 08-Apr-15 17:44
Re: Not contributing to discussion 220 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 17:45
Re: Not contributing to discussion 273 MJT 08-Apr-15 18:52
Re: Not contributing to discussion 286 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 19:13
Re: Not contributing to discussion 254 MJT 08-Apr-15 19:53
Re: Not contributing to discussion 273 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 20:07
Re: Not contributing to discussion 284 MJT 08-Apr-15 20:50
Re: Not contributing to discussion 272 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 20:52
Re: Not contributing to discussion 316 MJT 08-Apr-15 21:05
Re: Not contributing to discussion 289 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 21:12
Re: Not contributing to discussion 322 MJT 08-Apr-15 21:47
Re: Not contributing to discussion 261 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 23:25
Re: Not contributing to discussion 282 Jon Ellison 09-Apr-15 02:05
Re: The lack of perfection... 323 Corpuscles 08-Apr-15 17:46
Re: The lack of perfection... 320 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 18:09
Re: Sinister... 298 Frank D 07-Apr-15 10:43
Re: Sinister... 334 Ratcho 07-Apr-15 15:22
Re: Sinister... 238 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 16:31
Re: Sinister... 244 Origyptian 07-Apr-15 16:37
Re: Sinister... 364 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 17:14
Re: Sinister... 291 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 17:56
Re: Sinister... 291 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 18:21
Re: Sinister... 329 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 18:36
Re: Sinister... 335 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 19:01
Re: Sinister... 274 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 19:10
Re: Sinister... 293 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 19:42
Re: Sinister... 284 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 19:54
Re: Sinister... 315 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 20:22
Re: Sinister... 333 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 20:32
Re: Sinister... 266 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 20:46
Re: Sinister... 241 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 21:01
Re: Sinister... 333 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 21:31
Re: Sinister... 287 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 22:17
Re: Sinister... 214 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 22:57
Re: Sinister... 260 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 23:03
Re: Sinister... 241 Archae Solenhofen 08-Apr-15 00:43
Re: Sinister... 257 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 20:12
Re: Sinister... 244 Corpuscles 07-Apr-15 20:41
Re: Sinister... 259 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 18:26
Re: Sinister... 269 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 18:50
Re: Sinister... 282 Origyptian 07-Apr-15 23:23
Re: Sinister... 255 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 23:27
Re: Sinister... 233 Origyptian 07-Apr-15 23:38
Re: Sinister... 233 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 23:48
Re: Sinister... 193 MJT 08-Apr-15 11:43
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 280 MJT 04-Apr-15 20:43
Firemaking and associate technology 252 Skatha 02-Apr-15 16:22
Re: Firemaking and associate technology 316 Jon Ellison 02-Apr-15 16:27
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 242 OCaptain 04-Apr-15 18:52
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 222 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 19:08
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 266 Jon Ellison 04-Apr-15 19:36
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 278 Origyptian 05-Apr-15 05:57
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 243 drew 05-Apr-15 08:31
What to make of this...? 251 Ratcho 06-Apr-15 18:42
Re: again priceless!!! 301 charly 06-Apr-15 21:29
Debunking 259 Ratcho 07-Apr-15 15:15
Re: Debunking 251 charly 07-Apr-15 19:00
Re: priceless re-evaluation 283 DScribr 07-Apr-15 15:59
Re: priceless re-evaluation 306 charly 07-Apr-15 19:05
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 250 Jon Ellison 07-Apr-15 18:52
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 307 Archae Solenhofen 07-Apr-15 19:11
Re: Early Dynastic Technology.does anyone know of any limestone core drilling? 275 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 00:32
Re: Early Dynastic Technology.does anyone know of any limestone core drilling? 304 Origyptian 08-Apr-15 00:48
Re: Early Dynastic Technology.does anyone know of any limestone core drilling? 332 Jon Ellison 08-Apr-15 07:30
Re: Early Dynastic Technology. 238 Jon Ellison 09-Apr-15 12:44


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.