Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Recently by advise of a friend I read Mr. Hancocks "Lords of Poverty..." and was almost knocked off my feet by its insightfullness and honesty. Discussion of corruption by international aid organizations is very taboo in most circles. Very few people are willing to say anything negative about such organizations. Mr. Hancock did a wonderful job of bringing such injustices into light.

My only complaint is that Hancock only focused on his experiences in India and Africa. What about the rest of the world? This, however,is a minor flaw in a well written book.

I'm not extremely interested in lost civilizations or artificial structures on Mars. Therfore I haven't read any of his other more controversial books. However, as a social worker and someone who greatly cares about the well-being of the impoverished people wordwide, I give loud praise to Mr. Hancock's efforts.

Finally, does anyone know if Mr. Hancock plans a follow-up or is he going to just continue with his current area of research?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Lords of Poverty 361 Samuel Berg 08-Dec-00 23:20
RE: Lords of Poverty 203 Graham Hancock 09-Dec-00 01:12
RE: Lords of Poverty 120 Margaret 09-Dec-00 02:08
RE: Lords of Poverty 174 Graham Hancock 09-Dec-00 09:20
RE: Lords of Poverty 145 Sky 09-Dec-00 17:00
RE: Lords of Poverty 164 vince 09-Dec-00 11:20
RE: Lords of Poverty 242 Mia Z. 12-Dec-00 16:33

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.