I'm very happy to get this unique opportunity to interview you on the GHMB, however, I must admit it took me a little while longer to come up with some (more) questions about your books since several were previously answered by your writing partner a couple of months ago! Anyway, here they are:
* What do you think of the Mandaeans (aka Nasoreans) and their connection to the Judeo-Christian religion?
* With the exception of the Mandaeans, all other Gnostic groups disappeared from history. Do you think there could of been some who went underground and/or survived into more recent times?
* To be sure, the Jesus Mysteries was highly controversial among the orthodox Christian community. In light of that, were there any overly-negative repercussions/reactions to that book? If so, anything that you would do or say differently if you could do it again?
* You and Mr. Gandy present quite a convincing argument that the original Christians were Gnostics. However, there were two types of Gnostics, those who practised celibacy/sexual abstinence and those who didn't. Which one do you think the original Christians were?
* As you have written several popular books with Peter Gandy, I was wondering what some of the pros and cons of being a co-author are? Between being an author or a co-author, do you have a preference?
And speaking of co-authors, I'd be curious to hear your opinion about a couple of questions I asked your writing partner.
* Do you think there could be a common source for Judeo-Christian Gnosticism and Greek philosophy? If so, who?
* Considering that India is the original home of such spiritual ideas as enlightenment, reincarnation, and transmigration, as well as the fact that 'Veda' means "knowledge", what do you think of Voltaire's (and others) evidence for the patriarch Abraham actually being a Brahmin from India who migrated to Canaan? (Or if you think Abraham is mythical like Mr. Gandy, what do you think of Abraham being an allegory for a group of Brahmins from India who migrated to Canaan?)
Thanks for letting us interview you, Mr. Freke!
(PS- And thanks Luke for rousing us into action, as well as your patience;)
Post Edited (13-Jul-12 20:47)