Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanks people,

The point I was raising was that we only have historical evidence for human civilization from the last 5,000 yrs. To me the jump from stone age to pyramid builders seems a huge one. So however valid the opinions of historians are (and I agree with the Garrets/academic view on this) we are still no closer to understanding why we made such a huge jump forward.

As far as Im aware the earliest known roots of civilisation are evidence of human agriculture dated to approx. 3,400BC in modern day Iran. I remember reading something about evidence of wheat grains with pottery and evidence of alcoholic fermentations (sounds like a pretty advanced civilisation to me:).

We also know that the last ice-age ended sometime between 20,000BC and 5,000BC. I think the academic view is that the end of the ice-age made conditions more favourable for mankind/civilisation to occur/progress but in truth we really don't know. So Grahams theory on an advanced civilisation, predating our existing knowledge, that became 'lost' due to the conditions following the end of the ice-age remains a plausible alternative.

Regards,

Duncan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
origins of civilization 526 Duncan 10-Nov-00 18:01
RE: origins of civilization 239 laura 10-Nov-00 19:26
RE: origins of civilization 208 Duncan 10-Nov-00 20:19
RE: origins of civilization 207 laura 10-Nov-00 20:38
RE: origins of civilization 223 Mike Evans 10-Nov-00 20:53
Archeological Team in Antarctica 255 Atonmses 10-Nov-00 20:41
RE: origins of civilization 219 jameske 11-Nov-00 18:38
RE: origins of civilization 224 Sky 11-Nov-00 19:13
RE: origins of civilization 325 Duncan 12-Nov-00 12:57

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.