Mysteries :  The Official forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
These are questions that are likely answered already in your work (some of which I have read and enjoyed thoroughly), but anyway I would wish to ask:
1) As I understand it, your thesis is that Jesus was not a real person, but a compound of many mythical figures recycled into a new deity. My question is- do you think that any of Jesus' progenitors could have been / were real? Do you think there is any truth to any of the stories if you go far back enough?

2) We know the maxim 'a mind full of ideas finds little beyond them', but has your work managed to "convert" any Christians? Also what has been the general response among Christians? Have you encountered any 'Salmun Rushdie-esque fatwas', but of the Christian equivalent?

3) If the stories of the miracle performing sun-god repeated and recycled through time with each new culture, why did the repetition stop with Jesus? Why do you think Jesus survived so long and through such a major cultural change to remain the de-facto sun-god of the modern, digital world? And do you foresee a neo-Jesus to come along soon and reincarnate the sun-god myth?

4) Hermes: do you think anything about him was real and actually existed? I resonate with his Lament (read HERE by Graham), and I'm curious where you think this came from, if not a physical Hermes? And finally- what do you think of the Lament, and do you think we may be in the midst of the time it was pointing to?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 13 lukehancock 05-Mar-12 18:32
Thank you for all your hard work! It made a big difference ... 9 Thomas Razzeto 06-Mar-12 06:07
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 18 Ferdelance 06-Mar-12 19:06
Thank you, Peter! n/t 6 Nejc 06-Mar-12 19:58
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 23 michael seabrook 07-Mar-12 22:23
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 19 carolb 07-Mar-12 22:33
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 14 Eddie Larry 08-Mar-12 01:48
My 4 questions 20 lukehancock 08-Mar-12 12:11
Re: My 4 questions 7 cladking 08-Mar-12 18:54
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 19 Deep1 10-Mar-12 19:25
Re: GHMB Community Interview: Peter Gandy --Ask Anything 12 wordsmyth 11-Mar-12 17:28
Questions Closed 9 lukehancock 12-Mar-12 19:24
Questions answered 9 lukehancock 20-Mar-12 19:12
Re: Questions answered 8 carolb 20-Mar-12 20:49
Re: Questions answered 6 Eddie Larry 21-Mar-12 01:45
Re: Questions answered 8 wordsmyth 21-Mar-12 16:30
Re: Questions answered 8 poster72 21-Mar-12 18:49

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.