Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanks for the recommendation, I must get round to reading this. It's been on my list for ages.
Just a couple of points Scanda:

>>So many people were recommending totally discredited books.

Which ones? Discredited? By whom?

>>it ties together about 20 of the most popular books and personalities and either points out what the latest info on them is or why they are total rubbish.

And do the authors give good solid scientific evidence for their rubbishing? Otherwise it's no better than the 'speculative' books they try to rubbish. I don't need a big book to tell me that most 'alternative' history is speculation and opinion. I believe most of us here already know that. The fun for me is reading about the different 'possibilities'. Obviously there has to be some sort of evidence for these possibilities otherwise they could just espouse any old poop but I support the tangential methods of these 'alternative' writers.
Anyway, I'll reserve judgement till I've read it.
Thanks again for the recommendation,

Bryan

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Book Thread >>>> 339 Scanda 07-Dec-00 10:10
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 98 Bryan 07-Dec-00 10:50
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 214 JPA 07-Dec-00 11:16
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 185 Scanda 07-Dec-00 11:43
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 209 JPA 07-Dec-00 12:00
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 206 Trisha 08-Dec-00 18:15
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 203 Trisha 08-Dec-00 20:40
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 277 Scanda 12-Dec-00 12:33
RE: The Book Thread >>>> 197 OneLove 11-Dec-00 21:50

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.