Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
PKMx wrote:

> I realized this as well, but the scans are far from perfectly
> outlining anything. They are very fuzzy at best. I know our
> imaginations like to suit our thinking and manipulate things
> that may not be real to fit your own logic, but I think it's
> still within the realm of possibility.
>
> Also, what if they didn't leave the tunnels open upon
> completion? What if they filled each tunnel completely with
> stone thinking that the pyramid wouldn't be strong enough to
> support the weight of the entire pyramid...?
>
> Just a thought. I don't think this is a flawless theory by any
> means, but so far it fits best with the evidence known at the
> moment, in my opinion.

I agree it's the best fit ramp theory but I just don't see it as a good fit for many reasons. I doubt that if they were built this way it never would have been forgotten. Filling the tunnels would be exceedingly difficult since it would involve lifting stones in a very enclosed, hot, and airless area. They'd have been forced to fill them with small stones. Since some obviously have to be very close to the surface if the gravimetric scans are correct than surely at least one small section somewhere would have collapsed in an earthquake. Frankly even internal ramps would probably result in a "God of Ramps" rather than only the "Lady of Builders" (a Goddess) who did exist.

Then there's always the simple problem that a stone has to go around every single corner of the pyramid every minute and a half or so.

Internal ramps are consistent with the horizontal lines visible on the pyramids but they are contradicted by the vertical lines.

I believe the only reasonable explanation for the vertical lines is the movement of stones straight up the side and that if stones moved straight up the sides there was just no need for internal ramps or any sort of ramp. That these vertical lines tend to appear in pairs on opposite sides of the pyramid the implication is that counterweights were used.

What sort of ballast was used seems to be the real question.

By the way for those who are familiar with my theory on the subject; I am coming to believe there was a lot of lifting involved with the ballast. It wasn't all natural.

Man fears the pyramid, time fears man.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 293 PKMx 22-Nov-09 10:12
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 190 PKMx 22-Nov-09 10:14
Wrong pyramid 186 Jon B 22-Nov-09 10:18
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 255 cladking 23-Nov-09 04:57
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 185 Raja 22-Nov-09 12:21
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 161 Karen H Taylor 22-Nov-09 13:21
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 184 PKMx 23-Nov-09 02:11
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 210 cladking 23-Nov-09 05:05
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 149 brucenyc1 24-Nov-09 00:27
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 157 papalou 24-Nov-09 01:06
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 201 poster72 24-Nov-09 16:27
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 165 drew 24-Nov-09 20:25
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 227 cladking 23-Nov-09 04:52
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 167 PKMx 23-Nov-09 05:55
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 205 cladking 23-Nov-09 06:40
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 139 PKMx 23-Nov-09 21:54
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 202 cladking 23-Nov-09 22:58
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 177 Warwick 25-Nov-09 18:13
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 177 cladking 25-Nov-09 23:03
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 168 Warwick 26-Nov-09 18:32
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 153 NetWorkAngel 24-Nov-09 14:54
APOLOGIES TO ROB MILLER 187 drew 25-Nov-09 00:42
Re: NatGeo program on how the Great Pyramid was built 238 cladking 28-Nov-09 21:58

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.