Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
In FOTG, i am pretty sure there is mention of a radioactve material being used as an "ATEN" crown.

I cant quote the exact page as i have lent the book out, but this has always bugged me.

If the crown was made of a Radioactive material, probsbly a metal, where did it come from?

As far as i am aware there were no radioactive materials in Egypt, then again i could be wrong! (I usually am)

Could it have come from a meteor stike?

Could it have been found naturally?

Did the Egyptians have any basic knowledge of metallurgy, ie that the radioactive metal was different from ordinary gold.

What did they think was so special about it, special enough for them to make the Aten crown from?

My feelings are that it came from a meteor shower, which is why it was revered (ie it was a gift from the heavens) and they did not really understand it.

Could the Ark of the Covenant have contained this radioactive material? It would explain much of its "mystical" power.

Does a lot of radiocative material stike the earth on a regular basis?

Any comments.....you know where i am...(waiting to get blasted by Dr E or Garrett for asking such absurd questions)

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Radioactivity. 383 laura 02-Dec-00 13:18
RE: Radioactivity. 190 Edwin 02-Dec-00 14:36
RE: Radioactivity. 209 laura 02-Dec-00 15:40
RE: Radioactivity. 170 Edwin 02-Dec-00 16:14
RE: Radioactivity. 147 laura 02-Dec-00 16:21
RE: Radioactivity. 181 Vince 02-Dec-00 15:12
RE: Radioactivity. 179 Vince 02-Dec-00 15:19
RE: Radioactivity. 165 Julia M 02-Dec-00 20:06
RE: Radioactivity. 175 Vince 02-Dec-00 23:15
RE: Radioactivity. 182 Chris 03-Dec-00 03:47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.