Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
I believe Graham and Robert Bauval are very close with their Orion theory,but that the time-frame is incorrect.
There is much evidence that the axial tilt in previos times was close to zero degrees and i am very keen to contact someone with a SKYGLOBE or other program to acscertain what the pole star would be if ths was so.
The First Time referred to by the ancient Egyptian texts was at this point when the pyramids were "locked" with Orion,but with a different pole star,the actual date would not have been the alleged 26 000 years.I personally suspect 6000 and i have good reasons based on my theory of the cyclical nature of all things in nature.
It's correspondence with the Biblical timescale helps me with my research,but the fact that the Bible mentions it proves nothing in itself.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Skyglobe 606 vince 09-Nov-00 02:16
RE: Skyglobe 352 jameske 11-Nov-00 18:52

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.