Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
About a year ago, I was browsing through a book on amateur astronomy and I was VERY surprised to find out that the diameter of the moon is 2160 miles!

Having read most of Graham Hancock's books and many other similar ones, I thought I was the first person to have noticed the possible significance of this fact. (More recently I found I am not the only one, see: www.wordmax.com)

Using the number of years in a zodiacal age and dividing it into the actual diameter of the moon seems a pretty clever way of arriving at a unit of measurement, especially when you consider the fact that the origins of the mile stretch way back into antiquity. I personally think that the egyptians knew of this measurement 5000 years ago. The reason for this is that there are 1760 egyptian cubits in the base perimeter of the Great Pyramid (440 X 4). There are also 1760 yards in a mile. This could be a coincidence, but I'm not sure.

There is also the fact that the equitorial circumference of the earth is almost exactly 21,600 nautical miles. Nautical miles and ordinary miles can both be divided into yards: 2025 for a nautical mile and 1760 for an ordinary one.

In addition to all this, it would appear (according to GH) that whoever designed and built the Great Pyramid knew the size of the earth and made the height 1/43,200 the earths polar radius and the base perimeter 1/43,200 of the earths equitorial circumference.

I am fairly certain that out ancestors were FAR more knowledgeable, astronomically, than egyptologists and orthodox historians give them credit for - and I think this is WRONG! I am not at all sure if there WAS a technically advanced human civilisation in existence on earth over 13,000 years ago, but I think it would be very narrow minded to dismiss the idea.

I would be very interested to know what GH makes of this 'Moon Correlation'.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
'Moon Correlation' ? 180 Andreas 01-Dec-00 21:40
RE: 'Moon Correlation' ? 94 Vince 02-Dec-00 16:08

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.