Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
For the third time I’m reading Fingerprint and as with the other times I’m enjoying it immensely and always seem to get new nuggets from it each and every time.

Recently I bought the updated version ISBN 0 7126 7906 5 and am currently enjoying the beauty of all the mathematics wrapped up in the jigsaw puzzle aka the Great Pyramid. Specifically page 459 (Part VII – Earth Measurers). And apologies if someone else has brought this up – I ran several search queries and couldn’t see anything!

Getting even more specific I was intrigued to see that there were supposedly errors in the size of the pyramid’s base (3023.16 feet compared to the Earth’s circumference of 3043.39 feet multiplied by 43,200). I say “supposedly” as these craftsmen were precise beyond belief. Surely they wouldn’t have made such an error?

I have hypothesised a possible solution/theory which is relatively simple: the Earth’s circumference continues to increase (and decrease) in size over time. This would mean that assuming we’ve gone through a period of growth we are no longer comparing apples to apples.

If we could work out at what rate this change in the Earth’s circumference happened/happens and apply the appropriate numbers to the same %s we could ascertain when the pyramids were built beyond any question.

I’ve worked out that the Earth’s circumference would have needed to have been 24736.92 miles – a difference of 165.53 miles in total. Giving us an average change of 13.24 miles per 1000 years (assuming 10,500 BC is the date when the foundations were laid)

What could cause the increase (and decrease?) to the circumference? One or all of the following:

1. The Earth’s spin on its own axis – there would be more force exerted on the widest point of a sphere which could “pull” the circumference out of shape more and more.
2. Additional sediment caused by changes to climate, volcanoes and especially water rising/decreasing due to warming/cooling of poles

Your thoughts?

Derek Holder

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 494 derekh 22-Jan-07 09:35
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 93 Ghia 22-Jan-07 10:59
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 108 Mosachio 22-Jan-07 12:59
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 87 Tom Hebert 22-Jan-07 14:08
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 88 derekh 24-Jan-07 12:44
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 104 Elhardt4320 01-Feb-07 03:24
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 93 loveritas 01-Feb-07 05:30
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 74 stephentuck25 27-Aug-17 04:16
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 64 molder 27-Aug-17 05:53
Re: The Great Pyramid/Northern hemisphere ratio "error" solved (??) 153 DUNE 27-Aug-17 10:04

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.