Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
As far as I can gather, the theory for the 10500 and 2500 construction dates goes a little like this:

The Gize site was planned and constructed around 10500bc. This includes many of the temples and the base of the Pyramids, maybe even underground structures, rooms and passages still to be uncovered. The reason for it has been guessed at but remains unknown.

Then about 2500bc Khufu had reason to add to/complete the Great Pyramid for his own purposes.

For me this really does seem a little grasping. I guess that the age of the GP will be determined beyond question one day, maybe with technology that we don't currently have. What really interests me is the purpose of the GP (and possibly many other sites around the globe). For this subject, I like the attitude of authors such as Chris Dunn. Although I may feel that their conclusions are often leaps that need more bridging, the questions they ask are much more relevant.

Why build the Pyramids at those angles.
Why make this bit out of limestone and this bit out of granite.
How do ancient people cut such a hard material as granite so perfectly.
Why make this passge so small and this one so big.
Why have shafts and then block them off.

So many questions that are not often covered by Egyptologists form the most puzzling questions.

Best wishes
Pete

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the GP!!! 448 Pete Knight 21-Nov-00 14:43
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 177 William John Meegan 21-Nov-00 15:41
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 162 vince 21-Nov-00 18:46
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 223 Graham Hancock 21-Nov-00 16:16
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 228 Pete Knight 21-Nov-00 17:04
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 179 Christophe Leijnen 21-Nov-00 19:35
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 178 Pete Knight 22-Nov-00 09:19
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 193 vince 21-Nov-00 18:50
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 155 Pete Knight 22-Nov-00 09:40
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 155 vince 21-Nov-00 18:52
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 179 vince 21-Nov-00 18:54
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 170 Bull 23-Nov-00 09:24
RE: Graham, anybody, PLEASE, quarry marks in the G 259 Pete Knight 23-Nov-00 10:04

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.