Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
It's not really surprising that these civilisations had the ability to cut stones so precisely, or fashion these vases etc ...

For example, you would be hard pushed today to buy a watch that was totally made by hand - yet 100 years ago there was no other way. What I am trying to say is the craftsmanship in itself has disappeared through the generations.

The question is the tools that they employed to gain these results. Diamond edged tools have been used for precision engineering in modern times, but what I don't know is whether the ancient Egyptions had access to diamonds. If they did (they seemed to have access to most precious stones), then is it possible that they employed similar devices back then?

All the tools they used must have been precision made for each particular purpose, and I wonder if there is any soil analysis data for the sites in question that may indicate a higher diamond dust content?

Any ideas?

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Research Challenge 295 B-squared 21-Nov-00 03:54
B-Squared PRIME 134 Randy Johnson 21-Nov-00 04:48
RE: Research Challenge 131 laura 21-Nov-00 13:56
RE: Research Challenge 137 Brian A 21-Nov-00 21:12
RE: Research Challenge 106 Julia M 21-Nov-00 21:44
RE: Research Challenge 153 Chris 21-Nov-00 21:55
RE: Research Challenge 157 Kees 21-Nov-00 21:55
RE: Research Challenge 180 Edith 21-Nov-00 23:21

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.