Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Dear Dr Edlin,

You "look forward" to the BBC's re-screening of Horizon and their "complete humiliation and rejection" of my work.

Dear Dr Conspiracy
(Hi there, by the way!) I guess you also think I got what I deserve from the good old boys at the BBC and are also looking forward to them sticking it to me again?

Now here's my challenge for you both.

Step 1: go to "BBC Horizon Scandal" button on this site.

Step 2: press button.

Step 3: Move mouse arrow to following item: "Appendix: Arts of the Cutting Room -- What Was Said and What Was Broadcast.

Step 4: Click

Step 5: Read complete transcript of everything I was asked by BBC Horizon about carbon-dating and all my uncut unedited replies -- running to several pages. The passages in bold are what Horizon put on air. All the rest was cut. The passages in bold say: "I'm not required to be encyclopaedic. In Heaven's Mirror there is no representation whatsoever of recent carbon dates for Tiahuanaco. I simply don't discuss it in there."

Step 6: Refer to original transcript of Horizon programme (available on this site) and discover what immediately follows the above butchered rump of what I actually said to Horizon. Yes, it is Ken Feder lamenting how terrible it is when someone like me insists on ignoring carbon-dating, "not even rejecting it, just ignoring it."

Step 7: Go back to step 5. Re read the extensive comments and answers that I gave to Horizon on the subject of carbon dating and why I feel that this method should not be the sole arbiter for the dating of megalithic sites. Note that I state specifically that I did set out my position on carbon dating in an earlier book -- Fingerprints of The Gods

Step 8: Ask yourself: was the editing job that the BBC did on Hancock here fair?

Step 9: Post your answer in a message on this site. If you think this was fair editing by the BBC then say so and say why. And never mind whether you think I am right or I am wrong. Just ask yourself whether what I came out of the cutting-room saying about carbon-dating is representative of what I actually said to Horizon, and whether any of this justifies Ken Feder's accusation that I ignore carbon-dating.

Step 10: If you agree that this bit of editing was unfair then please complain to the BBC and copy your complaints to us here.

Thank you gentlemen. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes, Graham Hancock

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 504 Graham Hancock 20-Nov-00 20:10
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 205 Berg 20-Nov-00 21:26
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 191 Edith 20-Nov-00 22:45
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 191 Dr. Conspiracy 21-Nov-00 01:33
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 198 Graham Hancock 21-Nov-00 07:57
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 178 Dr D. Edlin 21-Nov-00 11:31
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 258 Graham Hancock 21-Nov-00 13:39
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 191 Dr D. Edlin 21-Nov-00 15:25
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 162 Sharif 21-Nov-00 15:53
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 213 Dr D. Edlin 21-Nov-00 18:24
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 330 Graham Hancock 21-Nov-00 17:54
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 183 Dr D. Edlin 21-Nov-00 18:45
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 205 Graham Hancock 21-Nov-00 23:31
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 140 Bob 22-Nov-00 18:04
One Clarification 213 Bob 22-Nov-00 19:54
Reflection and Regret 253 Bob 22-Nov-00 21:02
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 216 Christophe Leijnen 21-Nov-00 19:59
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 205 Margaret 22-Nov-00 01:18
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 207 Dr. Conspiracy 22-Nov-00 16:12
RE: Challenge to Drs Edlin and Conspiracy 277 Graham Hancock 22-Nov-00 21:39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.