Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
molder Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Burl mentioned 2 measures 13.2 and 12.96 and he made the Aubrey circumference 891 feet.
>
> The idea that everyone had different measures that were not connected is wrong. Trade made them do it. So the very beginning 13.2 inches a British measure is also an Indus Valley measure.

Hi Jim

That Aubrey circumference seems a bit short to me. Shouldn't it be closer to 897 feet? In his book Stonehenge Burl gives the diameter as 87m (285.4 ft).

It's my feeling that there was probably a common system of measurement in megalithic Europe but that the unit length varied. The unit in Germany was based on a foot of 13.2 inches but in Britain the corresponding foot was 12.82 inches (two of my circumferential units). That is to say, the 13.2 inch foot is two Germanic circumferential units. This eventually became the Iron Age foot and thus the Northern, Celtic or Saxon Foot.

I understand that a (foot) unit of measure of about 13.2 inches is shown on AE measuring rods close to the 18th digit.

Geoff

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 1551 gjb 29-Aug-19 18:17
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 105 molder 05-Sep-19 05:18
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 78 gjb 05-Sep-19 16:11
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 95 molder 06-Sep-19 04:47
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 74 gjb 06-Sep-19 18:42
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 77 molder 06-Sep-19 21:09
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 321 gjb 07-Sep-19 00:26
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 71 molder 10-Sep-19 03:44
Re: Megaliths: A Circumferential Unit and the Division of the Megalithic Yard 325 gjb 10-Sep-19 11:47

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.