Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
This is a lengthy post but it offers deep and unique insights into the mythos of Mount Moriah in Jerusalem, one of the most troublesome places on earth. Without going into the political reasons for the conflicts there, this post delves more into it's mythological aspects, tracing the stories of Abraham, Jacob, Lucifer, Solomon, the Knights Templar, the Illuminati and Moriah's legendary undergound secrets and much more besides...

MOUNT MORIAH - BACKGROUND INFORMATION

Above: Mount Moriah and the Temple Mount

"Then Solomon began to build the temple of the LORD
in Jerusalem on Mount Moriah, where the LORD had
appeared to his father David." - 2 Chronicles 3:1

MOUNT MORIAH AND ABRAHAM

Moriah is identified in Genesis 22:2 as the region where Abraham prepared to sacrifice Isaac and is identified in II Chronicles 3:1 as the site of the temple built by Solomon.

"Then God said, 'Take your son, your only son, Isaac, whom
you love, and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him
there as a burnt offering on one of the mountains I will
tell you about.' " - Genesis 22:2

After Isaac was born to Abraham, Satan went before God with a complaint. Like the account in the book of Job, Satan was similarly critical of Abraham. God defended Abraham as His friend. God reminded Satan that Abraham was upright and lived peacefully among his neighbours. Abraham’s humility and hospitality toward angels was recounted. Finally, God assured Satan that Abraham would hold nothing back if called upon to sacrifice. Satan wagered that Abraham would fail such a test if called to sacrifice his son Isaac.

MOUNT MORIAH AND LUCIFER

Lucifer claimed in Isaiah that he would "sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north". This is a reference to Mount Moriah, the site of the Temple of God in Jerusalem, which was just to the north of the city of David. The Temple was the final location of the tabernacle of the congregation (mow'ed), the place of the appointed times (mow'ed) of congregation where the people of Israel assembled on God's appointed times or Sabbath festivals to worship and sacrifice to the Lord. The word mow'ed is also used for appointed or set times in the Old Testament.

"How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! How art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High." - Isaiah 14:12-14

The phrase "mount of the congregation" in the Hebrew is har mow'ed. The word "har" again means mountain, and "mow'ed" is defined in Strong's as follows:

H4150. mow'ed, mo-ade'; or mo'ed mo-ade'; or (fem.) mow'adah (H2 Chron. 8: 13), mo-aw-daw'; from H3259; prop. an appointment, i.e. a fixed time or season; spec. a festival; conventionally a year; by implication, an assembly (as convened for a definite purpose); technically the congregation; by extension, the place of meeting; also a signal (as appointed beforehand):--appointed (sign, time), (place of, solemn) assembly, congregation, (set, solemn) feast, (appointed, due) season, solemn (-ity), synagogue, (set) time (appointed).

A parallel is apparent here between the gathering at "Armageddon" and Lucifer claiming that he will assume authority on the "mount of the congregation" and be like the most High God.

Now, interestingly enough, in George Wigram's Englishman's Hebrew and Chaldee Concordance of the Old Testament of 1874, republished by Hendrickson Publishers, Inc. in 1996, ISBN 1-56563-208-7, page 672, the word mow'ed is spelled and pronounced a little differently. He shows it as moh-gehd. Mount of the congregation in Isaiah 14:13 would then be har moh-gehd.

So the controversy between God and Satan, the battle of Armageddon, is over who will have authority over the mount of the congregation, the har moh-gehd, the place of appointed times and seasons for the people of God. Lucifer's stated goal (Isaiah 14:13) is to gain control there and be like God. Note that the little horn of Daniel (the Anti-Christ) is prophesied to attempt the same goal:

"And he shall speak great words against the most High and shall wear out the saints of the most High and think to change times and laws [of the most high]: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time." - Daniel 7:25

In context, the "times and laws" the little horn (the Anti-Christ) would think to change are the times and laws of God. This is referring to the mow'ed, the appointed times of God as related to the mount of the congregation and the Temple of God. This would indicate that the battle of Armageddon is not the location of a physical battle near Megiddo; rather it is the focus or reason behind the spiritual battle between God and Lucifer that being a conflict over the authority to appoint holy times of congregation, translated as a battle for the minds and souls of mankind.

Today, some two millennia after the beginning of Christianity, the vast majority of Christian Churches are feeding their flock the wormwood prophesied in Revelation.

THE REVERSAL OF GOD'S TEMPLE DESIGN

Ezekiel had a vision in which the Lord took him to into the future and showed him how the Temple on Mt. Moriah would be profaned:

"And it came to pass in the sixth year, in the sixth month,
in the fifth day of the month, as I sat before me, that the
hand of the Lord GOD fell there upon me.

And he put forth the form of an hand and took me by a lock of mine head; and the spirit lifted me up between the earth and the heaven and brought me in the visions of God to Jerusalem, to the door of the inner gate that looketh toward the north...And, behold, the glory of the God of Isreal was there, according to the vision that I saw in the plain.

Then said he unto me, "Son of man, dig now in the wall",
and when I had digged in the wall, behold a door.

And he said unto me, "Go in and behold the wicked abominations that they do here". So I went in and saw; and behold every form of creeping things, and abominable beasts and all the idols of the house of Israel, portrayed upon the walls round about...

Then said he unto me, "Son of man, hast thou seen what the
ancients of the house of Isreal do in the dark, every man
in the chambers of his imagery? For they say, 'the LORD
seeth us not; the LORD hath forsaken the earth' ".

Then said he unto me, "Hast thou seen this, O son of man?
Turn thee yet again, and thou shalt see greater abominations
than these".

Then he said unto me, "Hast thou seen this, O son of man?
Is it a light thing to the house of Judah that they commit
the abominations which they commit here? For they filled the land with violence and have returned to provoke me to anger; and, lo, they put the branch to their nose. Therefore will I also deal in fury; mine eye shall not spare, neither will I have pity; and though they cry in mine ears with a loud voice, yet will I not hear them." - Ezekiel 8

"Behold, a door":

God's plan for the Temple:

The reversal of the Temple similar to a Masonic Lodge layout:

The Masonic Lodge room is modelled on similar ideas to Solomon's Temple. Masonic authority, Albert G. Mackey, in the "Encyclopaedia of Freemasonry", explains the floor plan of the Lodge:

"A Lodge room should always, if possible, be situated due East and West. This position is not absolutely necessary; and yet it is so far as to demand that some sacrifices should be made, if possible, to obtain so desirable a position. It should also be isolated, where it is practicable, from all surrounding buildings...The form of a Lodge room should be that of a parallelogram or oblong square, at least on third larger from East to West that it is from North to South. The ceiling should be lofty, to give dignity to the appearance of the hall, as well as for the purposes of health, by compensating, in some degree, for the inconvenience of closed windows..." (1916)

One Masonic author writes:

"The East-West orientation and the oblong shape to the Lodge room has direct parallels to the ancient temples that I have examined so far. However, there are some differences to the Masonic Lodge that seem rather curious. For instance, in most ancient temples, the worshiper approached from the east and faced the west and the abode of the Divine was found in the west. The opposite appears to be true in the Masonic Lodge room. The entrance to the Lodge room is in the west and the candidate or lodge member faces east. This change is peculiar to Masonic belief. Here, Masonic Lodges break with the formulations of the ancient temples. This is due to the fact that the Worshipful Master sits in the east." (see link references below)

In all the rituals for the degrees of the Masonic Blue Lodge, the following sequence of dialogue is found:

Worshipful Master: The Master's station?

Senior Warden: In the East.

Worshipful Master: Why in the East?

Senior Warden: As the sun rises in the East to open and govern the day, so rises the Worshipful Master in the East to open and govern the Lodge; setting the craft to work, giving them proper instruction for their labour. (Kunk et al, 1997a,b,c)

"And he brought me into the inner court of the LORD's house,
and, behold, at the door of the temple of the LORD, between
the porch and the altar, were about five and twenty men,
with their backs toward the temple of the LORD and their
faces toward the east; and they worshipped the sun toward
the east." Ezekiel 8

Did King Solomon construct a Masonic Lodge in a secret lower level of his Temple on Mount Moriah, which all subsequent Masonic Lodges are said to be modelled on, after it's rediscovery by tunnelling Knights Templar? And was this first Masonic Lodge connected to Hathor/Astoreth worship, which King Solomon had re-introduced and which modern day archaeologists have found proof of the worship of?

Above: An occult Masonic tracing board from the one of the top Royal Arch degrees, showing a subterranean Temple with altar. Above the chamber is a cornucopia and a crumbling temple.

Above: Masonic ritual in the Temple

MOUNT MORIAH AND HEROD'S TEMPLE

Above: Herod's Palace

By the time of Christ, the dominant spiritual leaders in Jerusalem were using the Talmud and more specifically the Gemara as a guideline concerning spiritual issues. (Commentaries made by the elders of Babylon, influenced by Babylonian practices - The Kabbalah). Mystery Babylon had become established on Mount Moriah in Jerusalem under the pretence of worship to God. Mystery Babylon had become part of the fabric of Israel. It was on the Temple of Mount Moriah, probably the roof of the portico, rather than the pinnacle of the Temple that Satan approached Christ and tempted him to jump off (Matthew 4:1-11). At a later date that St. James was actually hurled to the pavement below from the same location (Eusebius, "Hist. eccl.", IV, xiii).

Herod’s Temple compound was built on one of the largest platforms of the ancient world on Mount Moriah. The expanse covered more than 172,000 square yards! The holy area was twice as large as the famed Roman forum. One tremendous stone is 40 feet long. Another stone weighs over 100 tons! It is now open to visitors in the tunnel beneath the Western Wall.

King Herod was a master builder. He employed tens of thousands of workers on this project. According to Josephus, Herod even hired 1,000 priests to consecrate the site. Herod was both a genius and a scoundrel. His lack of personal character was as monumental as his prowess as a real estate developer. He created a moral void in the world but he also constructed great buildings that continue to amaze visitors to Jerusalem.

MOUNT MORIAH - THE TEMPLARS

The Knights Templar were a military and religious order founded in Jerusalem during the Crusades. In 1118 AD, they established a religious community on the ancient site of the Temple of Solomon (hence Templars), which was dedicated to protecting pilgrims in the Holy Land.

Upon arrival in Jerusalem, the Knights (under the patronage of this Vatican appointed Monarch of Jerusalem) proceeded directly to the Temple Mount, the ancient site of the Temple of Solomon and immediately began excavating the even then ancient ruin.

According to Knight and Lomas in "The Hiram Key", the Temple of Solomon was a structure designed under the precepts of "sacred" geometry by the earliest progenitors of Freemasonry. According to the Royal (British) engineers who later examined the excavations of the Templars in 1867, the Knights in 1118 found a secret room beneath the Temple Mount, apparently knowing exactly what they were looking for and where to find it. Just what they found is the subject of legend, but it has gained scholarly support. According to the European Templar Heritage Research Network: a reasonable consensus is emerging that they found scriptural scrolls, treatises on sacred geometry and details of certain knowledge, art and science - the hidden wisdom of the ancient initiates of the Judaic/Egyptian tradition."

Some suggest that the rituals used in modern Freemasonry have their origins in ancient texts discovered by the Templars in the ruins of Solomon's Temple while excavating to build their stables. Recent archaeological digs in the area have supported this theory by finding several Templar artefacts buried beneath the temple. In the 1950's, a scroll made entirely of copper was discovered in the caves near Qumran, a cliff-edged plateau overlooking the Dead Sea some 20 miles east of Jerusalem, directly to the south of Jericho. It was unrolled and deciphered at Manchester University under the guidance of John Allegro. When translated with the other "Dead Sea Scrolls", this "Copper Scroll", as it has become known, was identified as a treasure map listing various precious metals, religious artefacts and writings supposedly buried beneath the temple in Jerusalem.

The Copper Scroll ends by mentioning another copy of itself, possibly hidden in the ruins of the Temple of Solomon and it's possible that the Templars located not only the second copy of the scroll but also managed to locate a good portion of the treasures described within it. This would explain not only the order's great wealth but possibly some of the strange rituals and traditions the order supposedly had.

After their excavations were completed at the Temple Mount, the Knights returned to their native lands. Two of them ventured to Rosslyn, Scotland, where they set up their headquarters. William St. Clair designed and built Rosslyn Chapel using the plans of Solomon's Temple and incorporated many Templar and Masonic motifs. Knight and Lomas speculate that the Chapel also contained a copy of the vaults at Solomon's Temple and its hidden treasure:

"William St Clair had an obvious problem with security; the masons building his scroll shrine had to know the layout of the underground vault network and they knew that this strange building was to house something of great value." - Christopher Knight & Robert Lomas, "The Hiram Key"

Above: Rosslyn Chapel, Scotland

Whatever ancient relics and treasures the Templars held from their Jerusalem excavations, they were from this moment on secreted away beneath Rosslyn Chapel in Scotland, in much the same way these same artefacts were once buried under the Temple Mount itself. The Chapel itself bears no resemblance to a Christian structure, as many experts who have surveyed it have verified.

Throughout Scotland, as well as within Rosslyn Chapel, there are carvings and tombstones dating back to the 15th, 16th, and 17th century using combinations of Templar imagery (skull and crossbones, Templar swords, Templar crosses) and Masonic symbols (compass and square). This has led some historians to believe that modern Freemasonry was originally developed as a way for the surviving Templars to preserve their history.

Shortly after their arrival in Scotland, the Knights Templar were given the official seal of the Roman Catholic Church, and their numbers swelled as wealthy landowners and aristocrats joined their ranks. The Templars went on a binge of Temple construction and brought back many sciences, such as astronomy, from the holy land. Their order grew in stature, wealth and power quickly, and they won battle after battle against the Muslims during the various crusades. Their secret power was supposedly that they held possession of a piece of the true cross of the crucifixion of Christ (probably found in the Temple Mount excavations). This gave them powers over their enemies in battle and they were said to have never lost a battle while in possession of the Cross.

They eventually lost the Cross in the battle of Hattin in 1187 to the Muslim Saladin. After marching on July 2nd, the Templars were surrounded and cut off from water supplies. On July 4th, they broke ranks in thirst and panic, abandoned the encampment and the Cross and were wiped out by Muslim forces. These two dates later would become crucial - not only in the Templar-inspired formation of the United States of America but in the continuing "hidden ritual history" of NASA as well.

MOUNT MORIAH - THE LORD OF THE RINGS, THE DOOR OF MORIA AND THE ROYAL ARCH OF FREEMASONRY

In the Lord of the Rings, Gandalf the wizard tells the Council of Elrond, at which Frodo the Hobbit is present, that the only way to defeat the forces of evil that are engulfing Middle Earth, is to unmake the One Ring, that Frodo has in his possession, by casting it into the Cracks of Doom in the depths of Orodruin, the Fire-mountain, located in Mordor, the land of the Dark Lord, Sauron. Frodo volunteers to undertake the task and Gandalf leads him and his companions there through Moria, the secret city under the mountains. Here, however, they face a terrifying setback when they are found by the Balrog, a demon of the Ancient World.

Above: Tolkien's Door of Durin, gateway into Moria and the subterranean city under the Misty Mountains (artist impression reproduced directly from Tolkien's drawing in the book "Lord of the Rings").

There is some interesting symbolism that appears on the door to the dwarven caverns of Moria, a gateway that initially blocks the progress of the beleaguered Fellowship. A symbolic arch is supported by 2 pillars, themselves wrapped by climbing vegetation. The arch bears an inscription written in an ancient form of Elvish, saying "The Doors of Durin, Lord of Moria. Speak, friend, and enter." Drawn below the arch are seven stars and a crown, and below these can be found a much larger star (the 'Star of the House of Feanor').

This motif is very similar to the Royal Arch of the Freemasons, who also incorporate seven stars into the space below the arch. Their arch is comprised of 7 houses of the zodiac, whose position in the sky binds the Duat. As such, the seven stars cannot denote the Pleiades star cluster in Taurus, nor the Corona Borealis, or Northern Crown. They are also not suggestive of any stars present in the Duat itself, specifically around Sirius or Orion. The 'Star of the House of Feanor', however, may be analogous with Sirius if we compare the Door of Durin and the Freemasonic Royal Arch. This symbolism is very powerful and the Door of Durin might therefore be seen as one of Initiation.

Above: The occult logo of the Royal Arch of the Freemasons is remarkably similar to the image depicted on Tolkien's door to Moria shown above. Could the Royal Arch of Freemasonry represent the entrance to Moria or Gehenna?

THE ROYAL ARCH OF FREEMASONRY

Only a Master Mason can be initiated and admitted into the Royal Arch. A Royal Arch official Website states that a Freemason does not learn the full meaning of the Mysteries in the lower degrees until he is initiated into the Most Sublime Degree of the Royal Arch Order:

"The preparatory Degrees conferred in the Chapter are those of Mark Master Mason, Past Master and Most Excellent Master [...] but the Most Sublime Degree of Royal Arch Mason is more august, sublime and important than all that precedes it. It brings to light many essentials of the Craft contained ONLY in this Most Sublime Degree and explains many cryptic passages of the first three Degrees incomprehensible to the Master Mason. Without knowledge of these the Masonic character cannot be complete." - MasterMason.com

Above: Royal Arch Freemason

Above: Royal Arch Grand Lodge

MOUNT MORIAH AND THE MYTHICAL SEVEN ROOMED PALACE

Above: King David's Tomb on Mount Zion, Jerusalem

For more than a thousand years, Jewish tradition has identified Mount Zion as being the last resting place of King David and his descendants. The fearless Jewish traveller, "Benjamin of Tudela", who visited Jerusalem in the twelfth century, describes how the royal graves were discovered: "After the collapse of a church on Mount Zion, workman found previously hidden caves under the rubble. They entered the caves and wanted to steal the treasures they saw. However, they were driven back by a powerful and mysterious wind. Fainting from fright, they regained consciousness to hear a menacing voice warning them to leave."

The Chief Rabbi of the Israeli Army is said to have had a similar experience when he went to investigate King David's tomb after the IDF capture of the Old City during the 1967 war. There are similar stories in Josephus.

The above picture shows an occult Masonic tracing board for the Second Degree. It depicts a winding staircase, at the bottom of which is an initiate looking out between two pillars. These two pillars below an arch form an entrance remarkably similar to the doorway to Moria in the LotR.

There is speculation that this entrance is connected to the many Masonic occult tracing board images of subterranean winding staircases emerging into underground Temples and Worlds. In other words, King David's tomb, under the Temple on Mount Moriah, could be the ancient Canaanite entrance to the Underground World - the lair of the Dragon, the physical location of the mythical seven roomed palace of the Saturn King, Satan, 'The Green Man', which is also called Gehenna or Hell. There is an obvious parallel here between this subteranean kingdom and the subteranean city of Moria. Moria, in Tolkien's LotR, is inhabited by the Balrog, a demon of the Ancient World.

J. R. R. Tolkien was familiar with the Ancient Mystery School teachings and was a member of the "Inklings" at Oxford, which had as a member C.S. Lewis, who also was interested in esotericism. Tolkien was also familiar with the literature of the Order of the Golden Dawn, an esoteric secret society similar to Freemasonry.

Above: The magical door to Moria opens (picture from the LotR film)

At the source of the 'Underground Stream Sub Rosa'
be a Royal Palace with seven
rooms and eight gates...

Arcadia, the place in Greece thought to be the home of the oldest antideluvian races, was also associated in medieval iconography and symbolism with the "underground stream" Alphaeus, which was said to flow all the way to Sicily. According to the "prieure documents," the Benjaminites, who were ancestors of the Merovingians, fled to the Arcadia region of Greece, and later migrated to Europe, becoming one of the ancestral origins of the Salian Franks. Rene D'Anjou did a great deal to promote the romantic idea of Arcadia and it turns up in much of his work, as well as Renaissance poems and songs.

The underground stream figures prominently in the mythos of Arcadia. Some think it refers to a sub rosa gnosis passed down to man from the ante-diliuvian world. Others maintain it is a sacred bloodline which itself is a remnant of that world. Perhaps it is both. Sub rosa means to do something in secret.

SHOREDITCH TOWN HALL, LONDON

Above: Shoreditch Town Hall in the East End of London - The circled area of the tower houses a statue of the Godess Isis bearing a Torch. The statue stands inside an arch similar to the Royal Arch of Freemasonry. Beneath the statue, engraved into the stone is "Progress" (see picture below for an enlarged view of the statue).

Above: The official Shoreditch Town Hall Website states: "The statue of Progress on the Town Hall tower symbolises the carefully cultivated reputation for progressive policies of the Metropolitan Borough of Shoreditch."

Above: The "More Light, More Power" motto is found throughout the Town Hall building. Here it appears on the entrance hall gates. The Arms bears a creature of two bodies with one head and was taken from the arms of the medieval lord of the manor.

Almost every local authority in Britain has it's own Freemasonic Lodge, the temple often situated actually within the Town or County Hall. These local government Lodges are known variously as 'Borough Lodge', 'County Lodge', 'Town Hall Lodge' or 'Council Lodge', depending where they are.

One of the most gruesome events at Shoreditch Town Hall was the Inquest into the last of the "Jack the Ripper" killings - that of Mary Jane Kelly, found murdered in a squalid lodging house in Dorset Street - now the site of White's Row multi-storey car park in Spitalfields.

MOUNT MORIAH AND HIRAM ABIFF

The heart of Freemasonry is the Blue Lodge with its three degrees. The climactic degree (and the final one for most Masons) in the Blue Lodge is the Third, or Master Mason Degree. The heart of the Master Mason Degree, the thing that gives it both meaning and substance is the re-enactment of the Legend of Hiram Abiff. It is this central figure in the legend, this Hiram the "Widow's Son," the "Tyrian Architect," this 'First Grand Master' who is impersonated by every man who is initiated as a Master Mason. It is Hiram who is at the very heart of the foundation of all of Masonry. His true identity and nature become, then, matters of extreme significance.

The Masonic story of Hiram Abiff, "The Legend of the Temple Builders", is acted out in full while conferring the latter part of the third or Master Mason's degree. The candidate is assaulted and the "word" is demanded of him (which as yet he has not received); he is then at the third assault struck on the head by a stuffed club called a setting maul and symbolically killed. Then after a number of manoeuvres he is buried on Mt. Moriah.

MOUNT MORIAH AND THE "ILLUMINATI"

Dr. John Coleman, former agent of British Intelligence, wrote in 1992, in his book, "THE COMMITTEE OF 300" that the illuminati call themselves "MORIA CONQUERING WIND":

“The Committee of 300 consists of certain individuals who are authorities in their own fields, including cultus diabolicus, mind-altering drugs, and specialists in murder by poison, intelligence; banking, and every facet of commercial activity. It will be necessary to mention former members since deceased, because of their former roles and because their places were given to family members as new members considered worthy of the honor.

Included in the membership are the old families of the European Black Nobility, the American Eastern Liberal Establishment, the Illuminati, or as it is known by the Committee "MORIA CONQUERING WIND", the Mumma Group, The National and World Council of Churches, the Circle of Initiates, the Nine Unknown Men, Lucis Trust, Jesuit Liberation Theologists, The Order of the Elders of Zion, the Nasi Princes, International Monetary Fund (IMF), the Bank of International Settlements (BIS), the United Nations (U.N.), the Central, British Quator Coronati, Italian P2 Masonry - especially those in the Vatican hierarchy (intelligence arm ); the Central Intelligence Agency, Tavistock Institute selected personnel, various members of leading foundations and insurance companies named in the lists that follow, the Hong Kong and Shanghai Bank, the Milner Group-Round Table, Cini Foundation, German Marshall Fund, Ditchley Foundation, NATO, Club of Rome, A.T. and T., Environmentalists, The Order of St. John of Jerusalem, One World Government Church, Socialist International, Black Order, Thule Society, the Anenherbe-Rosicrucianists, The Great Superior Ones and literally HUNDREDS of other organizations."

The Illuminati are a "network" of interconnected "bloodlines" who call themselves "The Family" or "The Circle" or "The Olympians". When the high covens of witches end their meetings, they part with the words, "The Force be with you." This force is covertly referred to in the Illuminati as Moria, which they translate to mean "the conquering, destroying wind". This is the wind that they believe is blowing throughout the earth to gather all people into the New Age.

Above: The Dark Lord Sauron, in Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings", with All Seeing Eye

Above: The Dollar bill with the All Seeing Eye of the illuminati above the Pyramid

MORIAH - MISCELANEOUS

In Ireland and in some parts of America, funeral carriages were called Black Moriahs...

Up until the 1970's, British police vehicles that took people off to gaol were also known as Black Moriahs. These days though, they're not black at all but white with Day-Glo orange stripes down the sides. Of all the various professions, the police force has one of the highest ratios of members who are Freemasons! Again, as with Black Moriah hearses, there's the theme of carting a person off to a place most of us would rather not go!

Rob

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Where Myth Meets with Reality - Mount Moriah 1279 Milo 01-Nov-02 15:46
Re: Where Myth Meets with Reality - Mount Moriah 70 Jasper_TTT 01-Nov-02 16:01
Mount Moriah 52 Milo 01-Nov-02 16:24
Re: Where Myth Meets with Reality - Mount Moriah 83 Mith 01-Nov-02 19:30
Re: Where Myth Meets with Reality - Mount Moriah 81 Milo 01-Nov-02 19:54
Thanks for the tip n/t 41 Mith 01-Nov-02 20:33
Re: Where Myth Meets with Reality - Mount Moriah 23 Benben Stone 01-Nov-02 21:31
Gnostic Beliefs, Templars, Pirates, Masons and Skull & Bones Symbolism 199 Milo 14-Nov-02 04:30

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.