Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Thanks for posting this, Joseph. I did some internet searches and, from what I found, the only evidence supporting the idea that the B2 mitochondrial DNA, referenced in this case, did not come from Beringia is its complete absence from Alaska and western Canada.

However, the parent lineage of B2 was found throughout east Asia with no geographic specificity.

As you said, the press release claims that B2 is "most closely related to Southeast Asians," however I cannot find any evidence that supports this claim that B2 is more-closely related to any specific old world population.

Has anybody else found anything on this?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
BIG NEWS! OLDEST NATIVE DNA IN AMERICA IS SOUTHEAST ASIAN 769 illimex 27-Jul-19 10:09
Mod Note > Topic Moved 150 Dr. Troglodyte 27-Jul-19 16:12
Re: BIG NEWS! OLDEST NATIVE DNA IN AMERICA IS SOUTHEAST ASIAN 218 AndyBlackard 30-Jul-19 15:48
Re: BIG NEWS! OLDEST NATIVE DNA IN AMERICA IS SOUTHEAST ASIAN 100 Glass Jigsaw 26-Sep-19 00:25
Re: BIG NEWS! OLDEST NATIVE DNA IN AMERICA IS SOUTHEAST ASIAN 135 Glass Jigsaw 26-Sep-19 00:27

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.