Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Martin Stower Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > Oh, okay. LOL You said I asked an authoritarian
> > question as you respond with snobbishness. It
> was
> > a simple question to make sure we were
> referring
> > to the same thing, and you respond by being a
> > jerk. Fine. I doubt you have the capacity to
> > debate the evidence anyway. So you're just
> close
> > minded, apathetic and incapable of separating
> the
> > wheat from the chaff. Got it. And here I
> thought
> > we were having a reasonable conversation.
> >
> > Debate 101 fail on your part. Thanks for
> playing,
> > though.

> Now you’re merely lying...

Can you please point out the "lie" in the comments above? Kristin's only statement of fact regarding what you said was:

"You said I asked an authoritarian question..."

Referring to your earlier comment to her:

"A question whose assumptions are authoritarian".

I fail to see where it is a lie or dishonest to characterize what you said to mean the question itself is authoritarian as it is hardly a stretch to say the question is authoritarian if it is based on authoritarian assumptions.

"...you respond with snobbishness."

An opinion, probably shared by others, not a lie.

"It was a simple question to make sure we were referring to the same thing..."

A statement of fact as seen by Kristin, you would agree it was a "simple question" would you not, and gives her reason for asking it which we have no reason to believe she is "lying" about that.

"...and you respond by being a jerk."

An opinion, probably shared by others, not a lie.

"I doubt you have the capacity to debate the evidence anyway."

An opinion, not a lie.

"So you're just close minded, apathetic and incapable of separating the wheat from the chaff."

Unless you are claiming she does not actually believe this statement but is saying it anyways, an opinion, not a lie.

"So you're just close minded, apathetic and incapable of separating the wheat from the chaff."

Unless you are claiming she does not actually believe this statement but is saying it anyways, an opinion, not a lie.

"Got it."

Unless you are claiming she does not actually "got it", though said sarcastically, a statement of fact.

"And here I thought we were having a reasonable conversation."

Unless you are claiming she does not actually believe this statement but is saying it anyways, an opinion, not a lie.

"Debate 101 fail on your part."

An opinion, not a lie.

"Thanks for playing, though."

Sarcasm understood to not be a "genuine" statement.

Where is the lie Martin?

> (and how quickly we’ve
> reached this point).

Because Kristin is a "liar"? Can you give examples that show this pattern of behavior in her where at some point in an argument or debate she reaches a point of needed to "lie"?

> So much for your principles.

Which are diminished in your view, perhaps a "lie" themselves, because you claim she is not only lying but implying is someone who lies.

> So much for your ability.

Did Kristin make claims about her own ability?

> Your failure to offer any reason at all why I
> should answer your questions is noted.

Unless you feel her question is improper in some way or unclear requiring an explanation as to why she is asking it, in polite society it is understood being asked a question is reason enough to answer it or at least acknowledge you have been addressed. You met her question with asking the question why should you answer her to specifically elicit no response knowing full well it is a question to be ignored. And when it is not answered you claim impropriety on her part because she did not answer it which in turn alleviates your responsibility to answer her earlier question because if she will not answer yours than why should you.

> It remains
> as it was in the first place entirely at my
> discretion if I do so or not.

True, but how is it a deception of some sort on Kristin's part to note you have not answered her questions when you yourself are admitting you did not?

Options: ReplyQuote


Subject Views Written By Posted
Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 1495 GramPong 15-Jul-19 21:31
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 326 Merrell 16-Jul-19 07:15
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 261 GramPong 16-Jul-19 11:02
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 245 Merrell 16-Jul-19 14:10
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 219 GramPong 16-Jul-19 15:25
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 217 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 21:08
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 209 GramPong 16-Jul-19 22:44
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 222 PB Bytes 16-Jul-19 23:24
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 205 GramPong 16-Jul-19 23:43
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 195 Thanos5150 17-Jul-19 15:46
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 211 GramPong 17-Jul-19 15:56
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 211 Corpuscles 17-Jul-19 23:32
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 189 GramPong 18-Jul-19 00:49
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 207 Corpuscles 18-Jul-19 02:54
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 201 GramPong 18-Jul-19 12:55
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 181 Corpuscles 18-Jul-19 16:47
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 208 GramPong 18-Jul-19 17:39
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 185 Susan Doris 19-Jul-19 05:06
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 209 Thanos5150 18-Jul-19 03:36
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 184 GramPong 18-Jul-19 13:15
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 206 PB Bytes 17-Jul-19 17:40
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 187 Thanos5150 18-Jul-19 03:14
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 201 PB Bytes 18-Jul-19 15:11
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 202 Thanos5150 19-Jul-19 15:36
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 167 PB Bytes 19-Jul-19 15:54
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 207 Thanos5150 20-Jul-19 01:23
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 183 PB Bytes 21-Jul-19 04:04
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 211 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 07:48
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Anunnaki 176 GramPong 17-Jul-19 08:44
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 292 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 08:51
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 219 GramPong 16-Jul-19 10:53
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 180 Barbelo 16-Jul-19 21:09
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 211 Martin Stower 16-Jul-19 21:30
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 191 GramPong 16-Jul-19 22:23
Immortality & Resurrection 213 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 00:17
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 192 GramPong 17-Jul-19 00:28
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 206 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 01:37
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 175 GramPong 17-Jul-19 02:13
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 184 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 03:37
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 206 GramPong 17-Jul-19 03:58
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 211 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 07:44
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 179 GramPong 17-Jul-19 09:10
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 193 Merrell 17-Jul-19 07:52
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 197 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 11:33
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 199 Corpuscles 17-Jul-19 03:03
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 176 GramPong 17-Jul-19 03:21
Barnhardt Klaatu Exchange 200 Dr. Troglodyte 17-Jul-19 13:00
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 219 Merrell 17-Jul-19 07:56
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 211 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 11:35
Re: Immortality & Resurrection 253 Merrell 17-Jul-19 13:54
Stargate 197 Barbelo 17-Jul-19 22:23
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 217 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 02:34
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 210 GramPong 18-Jul-19 13:18
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 236 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 22:02
Re: Stargate: Forgettable & Regrettable 177 GramPong 18-Jul-19 22:15
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 223 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 00:45
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 237 Martin Stower 19-Jul-19 20:48
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 184 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 21:38
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 198 Martin Stower 20-Jul-19 22:35
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 188 Barbelo 21-Jul-19 00:49
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 205 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:30
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 172 Barbelo 22-Jul-19 21:03
Re: A Stargate: Is It Real? 209 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 04:49
Re: Stargate 231 Merrell 18-Jul-19 08:05
Re: Stargate 200 Barbelo 18-Jul-19 22:10
Re: Stargate 233 Merrell 19-Jul-19 11:25
Re: Stargate 215 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 21:28
Re: Stargate 200 Merrell 19-Jul-19 21:52
Re: Stargate 238 Thanos5150 20-Jul-19 15:32
Re: Stargate 198 Merrell 20-Jul-19 15:45
Re: Stargate 184 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 21:30
Re: Stargate 178 Aine 23-Jul-19 23:03
Re: Stargate 195 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 00:05
Re: Stargate 188 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 00:43
Re: Stargate 164 Aine 24-Jul-19 01:09
Re: Stargate 182 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 01:33
Re: Stargate 184 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 01:56
Re: Stargate 186 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 03:47
Re: Stargate 177 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 15:05
Re: Stargate 171 Corpuscles 24-Jul-19 23:08
Re: Stargate 182 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 01:46
Mod Note > Duplicate Postings 155 Dr. Troglodyte 25-Jul-19 17:13
Re: Stargate 199 Merrell 21-Jul-19 12:34
Re: Stargate 188 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:40
Re: Stargate 177 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 21:56
Re: Stargate 222 jazzmumbles 22-Jul-19 01:04
Re: Stargate 193 Merrell 22-Jul-19 06:49
Re: Stargate 175 drrayeye 22-Jul-19 17:18
The EcuadorianToilet Float of the Gods 181 Merrell 22-Jul-19 19:47
debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 195 drrayeye 22-Jul-19 22:25
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 189 Merrell 24-Jul-19 12:43
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 177 Martin Stower 24-Jul-19 13:36
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 178 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 14:31
And..... 182 Barbelo 24-Jul-19 22:19
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 163 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 14:29
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 165 Merrell 25-Jul-19 06:43
Debunkatron 169 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 06:50
Re: Debunkatron 177 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 08:24
Re: Debunkatron 181 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 13:16
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 178 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:04
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 217 Aine 24-Jul-19 17:06
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 194 Merrell 25-Jul-19 06:41
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 181 Aine 25-Jul-19 10:41
Agreed 170 drrayeye 25-Jul-19 13:24
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 171 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 15:32
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 164 GramPong 25-Jul-19 16:30
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 157 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:02
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 166 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 07:28
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 171 Aine 25-Jul-19 10:39
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 194 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 11:27
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 146 Aine 25-Jul-19 13:21
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 185 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 15:13
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 177 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 16:28
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 202 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 18:49
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 185 Thanos5150 26-Jul-19 15:15
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 177 Martin Stower 26-Jul-19 19:16
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 167 Aine 26-Jul-19 16:18
Re: debunking vs. disproving, and . . . 176 Aine 26-Jul-19 15:50
Re: Stargate 177 Aine 23-Jul-19 22:25
Re: Stargate 180 Thanos5150 23-Jul-19 23:39
Re: Stargate 192 Aine 24-Jul-19 00:59
Re: Stargate 156 Thanos5150 24-Jul-19 03:43
Re: Stargate 229 Aine 24-Jul-19 11:16
Re: Stargate 170 PB Bytes 24-Jul-19 23:18
Re: Stargate 174 Corpuscles 25-Jul-19 00:25
Re: Stargate 147 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 03:04
Re: Stargate 159 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 20:48
Re: Stargate 182 Corpuscles 25-Jul-19 22:32
Collateral damage 194 hendrik dirker 26-Jul-19 02:02
Re: Collateral damage 171 Corpuscles 26-Jul-19 03:36
Re: Stargate 239 R Avry Wilson 26-Jul-19 03:25
Re: mirage.. 155 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 04:55
Re: mirage.. 206 R Avry Wilson 26-Jul-19 08:28
Re: Stargate 163 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 05:07
Re: Stargate 172 Corpuscles 26-Jul-19 05:31
Re: Stargate 160 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 14:09
Re: Stargate 169 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 01:59
Re: Stargate 161 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 02:10
Re: Stargate 174 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 02:31
Re: Stargate 158 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 02:54
Re: Stargate 172 Thanos5150 25-Jul-19 03:26
Re: Stargate 182 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 03:31
Re: Stargate 176 GramPong 25-Jul-19 11:57
Cloaking ? 145 PB Bytes 25-Jul-19 21:35
Re: Stargate 200 Martin Stower 25-Jul-19 11:32
Re: Stargate 160 PB Bytes 26-Jul-19 04:58
Re: Stargate 197 Martin Stower 24-Jul-19 13:24
Re: Stargate 197 drrayeye 24-Jul-19 15:13
"The Book Of The Damned" - A Debunker's Dream? 176 Barbelo 24-Jul-19 01:48
Re: Stargate 165 GramPong 19-Jul-19 23:33
The Emerald Tablets 189 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 02:19
Re: The Emerald Tablets 186 GramPong 20-Jul-19 02:53
Re: The Emerald Tablets 237 Merrell 20-Jul-19 09:04
Re: The Emerald Tablets 192 GramPong 20-Jul-19 15:03
Re: The Emerald Tablets 167 cladking 20-Jul-19 22:12
Re: The Emerald Tablets 192 Merrell 20-Jul-19 12:39
Re: The Emerald Tablets 184 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 21:28
Re: The Emerald Tablets 228 Merrell 20-Jul-19 22:04
Re: The Emerald Tablets 164 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 22:34
Re: The Emerald Tablets 181 Martin Stower 20-Jul-19 22:41
Re: The Emerald Tablets 201 Barbelo 21-Jul-19 01:01
Re: The Emerald Tablets 172 Martin Stower 22-Jul-19 15:28
Re: The Emerald Tablets 162 Barbelo 22-Jul-19 21:27
Re: Stargate 164 GramPong 19-Jul-19 22:15
Re: Stargate 177 Barbelo 19-Jul-19 23:02
Re: Stargate 184 GramPong 20-Jul-19 02:01
Re: Stargate 182 Barbelo 20-Jul-19 02:21
Re: Stargate 194 Merrell 20-Jul-19 08:45
Re: Stargate 232 Martin Stower 18-Jul-19 22:26
Re: Stargate 209 Merrell 19-Jul-19 11:46
Re: Ancient History Examination 1: Annunaki 264 Martin Stower 17-Jul-19 21:34
Trey Smith 195 GramPong 24-Jul-19 19:56
Re: Trey Smith 201 Lee McGiffen 26-Jul-19 03:09
Re: Trey Smith 188 GramPong 26-Jul-19 10:44
Mod Warning > General > Topic Closed 257 Dr. Troglodyte 26-Jul-19 20:04


Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.