Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Barbelo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What do you mean by our
> methodology?
I mean the methodology of alternative researchers who consider that alignments could have only been planned to refer to things in the past - see Zep Tepi.

> Are you convinced that the air/star
> shafts were constructed to guide future pilgrims
> towards the notion that it is possible to breathe
> air, or align stars, through shafts which are not
> connected in any way whatsoever to the outside or
> inside of the Queen's Chamber?
The shafts are conventionally called 'air shafts' although they were never planned for that purpose. Although this has very little to do with this thread(you might be confused with the other one), I don't understand what you mean. The Queen Chamber shafts originate in the GP Queen Chamber and run South and North with an angle. The fact that the holes were covered does not undermine their functionality. They do not lead to the surface(exterior) of the pyramid for a reason. But in this thread I am not alluding to the GP shafts but rather to the placement of the Khafre cult pyramid and the orientation of the Great Sphinx.

> Do you also believe that the Rate of Precession is
> exactly 72 years per degree and is constant?
I don't have personal beliefs when it comes to science. I accept what the experts says unless I have a way to prove that they are wrong. Either way, in this pthread I am concentrating on what we observe in the sky - right now(in our epoch), not thousands of years ago, so it is not something to be disputed(no scientific models necessary).

> What is the proven correlation between the Sphinx
> and Khafre?
According to Wikipedia the Great Sphinx is the oldest known monumental sculpture in Egypt and is commonly believed to have been built by ancient Egyptians of the Old Kingdom during the reign of the Pharaoh Khafre (c. 2558–2532 BC). Even if one considers that the Sphinx is older, it's function does not change. The reason is that Khafre erected his pyramid's causeway and valley temple around it and he knew that it is oriented to true east. He thus encomapsed his whole pyramid ground plan based on the Sphinx to encode something.

EIMI H ZΩH = IHΣOYΣ

[the-phaistos-disk.webnode.com]

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Caveman Leo? Is that right? 762 Spiros 09-Jun-19 17:27
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 128 AtTheRoundTable 16-Jun-19 23:15
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 150 Barbelo 17-Jun-19 01:21
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 140 Spiros 17-Jun-19 12:25
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 151 SandyJesse 17-Jun-19 06:08
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 114 SandyJesse 23-Jun-19 05:04
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 94 Spiros 23-Jun-19 12:54
Re: Caveman Leo? Is that right? 148 Spiros 23-Jun-19 13:53

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.