Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
First, here here Mark and Bob. You got that right!

Michael -

Yes, I've been taking the piss, yes I've been sarcastic. But what do you expect, given the tone and content of this webpage? Before joining the discussion I read several threads in which several serious challenges were raised (by Mark, Garret, Eyeswideshut, Dr. D. Edlin and others) for discussion. These people were quickly derided by the "open minded" and told to be quiet, castigated as ignorant etc. Graham himself even called EWS an "idiot" and "an abject failure in life" because EWS had dared to question Graham's motives. Graham, however, and anyone here is at liberty cast aspersions on academic historians and make unfounded claims that they are all in it for their jobs and are lying to the public. No wonder they pay no attention to you all. You don't deserve it. But try reflecting this approach on Graham and, by God, you're an "idiot" and "an abject failure in life." This is high discussion? This is "open mindedness"? My sarcasm is fully justified. The site is not worth anything more, and there is no reward here for adopting a serious tone.

In any case, so much of the content is laughable. You criticise me for not dealing with specifics, when sweeping generalizations are made daily on this site and, as long as they aren't inconvenient for the "open minded," hailed as brilliant insights or issues worthy of pursuit. If you read my initial posting in "the real world" you'll see the total absurdities that have to be accepted for Graham's view to be right. Vast conspiracies of academics and some TV producers, gross incompetence all around (except among the "open minded"). It's just ridiculous. And then there are the people stating that the Book of Genesis is a scientific document and all of ancient history is a matter of conjecture and opinion. We're not in the realm of serious discussion here. We're in the realm of the ridiculous. Sarcasm is a good way to deal with the ridiculous.

Dr. C.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 418 Michael 20-Nov-00 13:11
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 152 Mark 20-Nov-00 13:45
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 230 Michael 20-Nov-00 14:48
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 225 Bob 20-Nov-00 15:01
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 199 Michael 20-Nov-00 15:18
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 175 Bob 20-Nov-00 16:56
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 188 Dr. Conspiracy 20-Nov-00 20:52
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 174 Geoff Stocks 20-Nov-00 21:17
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 179 Dr. Conspiracy 21-Nov-00 01:59
RE: Dr Conspiracy is just wasting time.... 263 Geoff Stocks 22-Nov-00 02:13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.