Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
For those in America with access to the Smithsonian Channel, the program Sacred Sites is doing an episode on the megalithic temples of Malta on the 3rd September, which appear to have been abandoned in the mid 24th century BC. The program will touch upon the idea that the abandonment may have been due to climatic effects caused by an impact event around 2350 BC (see my our paper here for example [www.researchgate.net]). I was interviewed for the program last year on this angle, and I may even survive the editing process.

More information can be found here [www.smithsonianchannel.com]. The program was made by the same crew that made Sacred Sites: Ireand [www.smithsonianchannel.com] which was featured here [grahamhancock.com] which is also available in full on youtube here [www.youtube.com]

Jonny

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 684 JonnyMcA 26-Aug-18 12:34
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 180 Dr. Troglodyte 04-Sep-18 17:52
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 174 JonnyMcA 05-Sep-18 09:47
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 150 Corpuscles 05-Sep-18 10:10
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 174 JonnyMcA 05-Sep-18 10:55
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 159 Aine 05-Sep-18 21:34
Re-air Dates/Times – Time Sensitive 115 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Sep-18 14:59
Re: Re-air Dates/Times – Time Sensitive 196 Aine 06-Sep-18 17:38
Re: Did a cosmic impact event cause the abandonment of Malta in the mid 24th Century BC? 169 Thunderbird 04-Sep-18 19:07

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.