Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Open mind Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Was Menkaure really being built at that time?
> The way it is represented in this article, I would
> presume its a fact widely accepted and backed up
> by actual hard evidence that requires no
> 'interpretation', but I'm curious to know if
> everyone is in agreement about that on this site
> or if it just another misinterpreted dating
> 'presumption'.
>
> I have no opinion because I simply don't know what
> evidence there is about it, but one thing I do
> know is that there are many extremely questionable
> and some laughable interpretations of dating of
> many sites, so as a novice cautiously navigating
> the bullshit I have to ask.

Hi Open mind,

At that time...there was less and less rainfall, and the Nile was moving away from the Giza plateau. If Menkaure was the last built Pyramid, as they say, it may have been due to the difficulty of bringing in materials. If they dragged stones in on a road, they usually laid down Basalt pavers. There are pictures of such roads, leading from other quarries.

My point being, Lehner has never uncovered any roads leading into Giza, as Cladking stated. The materials must have predominately, arrived via the Nile. The NIle which had less water, and was changing coarse.

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 298 Thanos5150 11-Jul-18 02:20
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 82 Open mind 11-Jul-18 02:51
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 74 cladking 11-Jul-18 03:33
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 72 Thanos5150 11-Jul-18 03:38
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 78 cladking 11-Jul-18 04:26
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 64 Steve Clayton 12-Jul-18 02:11
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 78 Thanos5150 11-Jul-18 21:48
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 50 Origyptian 12-Jul-18 16:13
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 39 sfbey 12-Jul-18 18:28
Re: Two 4,500-year-old houses found near Giza Pyramids 72 Origyptian 12-Jul-18 18:39

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.