Mysteries :  The Official GrahamHancock.com forums
For serious discussion of the controversies, approaches and enigmas surrounding the origins and development of the human species and of human civilization. (NB: for more ‘out there’ posts we point you in the direction of the ‘Paranormal & Supernatural’ Message Board). 
Welcome! Log InRegister
Hello Dr T

Quote "Armchair Giza researcher/theorists often base their suppositions on presumed data of uncertain origin or cogent validity."

I am not am armchair researcher I admit to only being to Giza twice but I have sat in the sand and looked at the corner and base of the 1st and second pyramid not the third as it was still covered in sand. I am not an expert I admit such but I did eyeball them and I did record with my gps the co ords of such.

Quote "In 2012, Mark Lehner penned a declaratory brief outlining the consequences of founding one’s efforts on the ‘known unknowns’ of the extant information.

Lehner wrote: ”Maps of the Giza Necropolis represent pyramids, tombs, and temples with clean rectangles, features that ceased to exist centuries ago and in some cases never existed as such… '

Lehner and Dash have done a great job and I am sure would be the first to admit that what Petrie observed in 1880 and Lerner over 100 years later were not exactly the same. When stone is exposed to the elements it is damaged and for me this was confirmed when at the British museum and looking at a statue from Easter Island I was stunned by it's perfection. It seemed pristine when compared with the present state of statues on the island and that again was around 100 years from when the museum statue was renmoved. Weather takes it's toll.

Petrie and Cole are a great example as confirmation as their measurements, although taken from separate starting points were very nearly identical . Lerner and Dash confirm this and great credit to them.

Petrie went much further and measured the core and sockets as best he could and as exactly as he could.

These measures to should be considered carefully. I think so anyway.

Jim

Options: ReplyQuote

Subject Views Written By Posted
The Known Unknowns of Giza 427 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Jul-18 15:50
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 111 Poster Boy 06-Jul-18 17:08
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 110 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Jul-18 18:34
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 78 Poster Boy 06-Jul-18 19:07
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 89 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Jul-18 22:08
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 77 cladking 06-Jul-18 22:25
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 90 Dr. Troglodyte 06-Jul-18 22:48
Re: The Known Unknowns of Giza 136 molder 07-Jul-18 10:54

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.